“Glad we chose Staybridge”

Staybridge Suites London
Ranked #16 of 41 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 February 2017

We have been staying at the Staybridge Suites London for couple of days each week since late January 2017. The staff at the desk could not be more friendly and helpful. Their pet friendly policy is very important to us and our pet dog is treated by them like a special guest. She loves it there as much as we do. It is a bonus having an included full breakfast and dinner served at their buffet each day. The spacious and comfortable rooms are perfectly stocked as one would expect from a suite and very clean. Our thanks go to the entire staff who always make us feel welcome and special. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Dear BurlingtonBill,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Staybridge Suites London. It's great to hear that you've enjoyed your time with us! My team and I strive to ensure that all our guests, including the furry ones, can enjoy comfortable accommodations, convenient amenities, and great value during their time away from home. Providing a high-quality, hassle-free hotel experience is the Staybridge standard, and feedback like yours lets us know we're doing our job!

Again, thank you for your comments. I appreciate your loyalty, and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to London!

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

The service at the front desk was extremely helpful! Jovane Rowe went above and beyond helping us check in. It was very handy using the club rewards app and loyalty points. The room was clean and tidy!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

Dear Amanda W,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your review of the Staybridge Suites London. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I'm glad that you were pleased with your accommodations, and found the service you received satisfactory. The members of my Guest Service team aim to provide courteous, attentive service, so I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to Jovane!

Again, thank you for your comments. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to London!

Reviewed 1 February 2017

Hotel staff was very friendly, both check in and check was fast. Breakfast had a nice selection, coffee was good, no need for a trip to Tim's on my way out. I was on the second floor, quiet, comfy beds, newer furniture. I will be back.

Room Tip: Second floor or higher, away from elevator would be the quietest.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Dear Donna G,

Thank you for sharing your review of the Staybridge Suites London. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay! I'm glad that you were pleased with the service, accommodations, and amenities (including coffee!) you received during your time with us.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

Great hotl but i encounter some issues could be rectify easily .
When i arrive , check in went very well the desk clerk forgot to issue my bonus due to my status with IHG . I had to remind them couple days later .
Second issue was , they would not let me hook up my apple TV . Usuall you call the Wifi provider and provide your IP adress and the duration and voila all done . This one of only hotel i could not do that . WIfi was not good . It die one night and the front desk could not fix the problem so he had to call the wifi provider to raise a trouble ticket . So when i stay in a hotel usually its for at lease 3 weeks so usually iget the housekeeper to come in twice a week . One time the housekeeping did not leave me a spare roll of toilet so i ran out . room are nice and clean . Staff are very nice and friendly , always smilling .Good selection for breakfast .

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Dear Chris P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on the Staybridge Suites London. While I'm glad that you were generally pleased with your time with us, I'm sorry that some elements of your stay were not wholly satisfactory. It's important to us that we properly recognize our IHG Reward members, as we truly appreciate your loyalty. To that end, we endeavour to award bonus points as efficiently as possible following a qualifying stay. As for your difficulties with our wireless internet, I apologise for any inconvenience. Please be assured that wireless downtimes are not a frequent occurrence at our property. Should any technical problem arise, members of my Guest Service team are available around the clock to help correct them.

Again, thank you for your comments. I appreciate your feedback, as it helps me and my staff address any issues to ensure a wholly positive hotel stay for all our guests going forward. I hope you'll consider staying with us again on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 24 January 2017

Stayed at the Staybridge on the evening of Sat Jan 21. Booked through hotwire.

When I first called and asked to upgrade the room the man at the desk (carribbean accent) told me that was not possible and he would have charge me half of the room booking rate. He then lectured me as to why I should have booked through IHG.com instead of Hotwire. He was condescending and unhelpful..

I knew that was not true so I called back the next morning and the woman at the desk offered me to upgrade from a queen bed to a king for $10CDN. This was great but highlighted the fantastic lie told by the man the earlier evening.

We checked in and were sent to room 304 on the 3rd floor. The room was beautiful and huge. Unfortunately it smelled like "bathroom". Like sulphur and urinal disinfectant. When you ran the sink the strong smell of sulphur came up from the drains.

We called down and told the desk we didnt want to stay. We went back down to change rooms and were directed back to the man with the carribbean accent. When I tried to explain the smell to him he was short, inturrupted me and said "I don't know about that smell OK, my job is to change you rooms, your not happy, I'll fix the problem". It was very clear that he did not want to hear the specifics of our concern.

We changed to another room. No king available so back to a queen. But whatever. It was fine. Nothing to write home about but it was fine.

Heading out for dinner we asked the guy at the desk to call us a cab. Which he did. 20 mins later when it had not arrived I went back in and asked him to cancel the cab I would be calling UBER because the cab is talking a very long time. He responded "It's Saturday night in London, cabs are busy, but you want me to cancel it, I will". He was clearly irritated. Again, unsolicited and discourteous response from this guy.

So the hotel is fine. King room would have been awesome if it weren't for the smell. But this guy at the front desk is rude. Simple and plain. On multiple occasions where he could have been courteous he chose to be short, rude and make comments he had no business making.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Bridgingthegap25, General Manager at Staybridge Suites London, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2017

Dear Adam J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about the Staybridge Suites London. I'm sorry that your experience with us was less than wholly satisfactory. Please be assured that your experience was not typical, as my staff and I strive to meet the highest standards for friendly, helpful guest service and comfortable, trouble-free accommodations. It's clear from your review that we were unable to meet those standards during your stay, for which I apologize. I have taken note of your experience, and will investigate and address any issues to ensure a more positive experience for all our guests going forward.

Again, thank you for your feedback. I hope you'll consider giving us a second chance to make a better impression on your next visit to London.