“Gone but replaced”
Review of The Guava

The Guava
Ranked #466 of 1,372 Restaurants in Hamilton
Reviewed 21 August 2015

For 30 plus years we used to travel to Toronto for Thai food. Our favourite Toronto Thai restaurant was our gold standard against which we measured all other Thai restaurants wherever we travelled. But when it changed ownership, the food quality fell off. We felt lost and abandoned.... until we discovered The Guava. Unfortunately The Guava is no longer in business. But take heart. It's location is now occupied by My Little Asia. And it is good!

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We tried to visit this restaurant at the end of August and we're disappointed to find out it is closed due to what sounds like eviction from there current location.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I too found this place with a dealfind voucher and was more than impressed. The restaurant is spotless, the staff very friendly and efficient. I have actually been several times since using my voucher and have treated several groups of friends and family to my new find. None of us had ever had a bad meal, it is all tasty and loaded with extremely fresh vegetables. Our favs are the pad thai, crispy noodles, won ton soup, spicy salted shrimp and mushroom caps. The menu is very large and I really want to try many more dishes but hate to miss out on my favourites.
I also love to see that there are many Thai/Asian people who frequent there -always a good sign of authenticity and value.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Great food. Average service and atmosphere. Great value if you have a Wag jag coupon, otherwise just a bit pricey for my liking. Most importantly, the food is great.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We live in Burlington but don't mind the trek to hamilton if there's a reason...Guava is a good reason! We too had the WagJag that got us there and we were glad we did...we had soup, mango salad, Chicken Pad Thai, Beef w BokChoy, and two desserts...we were stuffed....straight home for a nap! All dishes were fresh, cooked to perfection, and nicely spiced. Service was very good, all the hot green tea you could ask for. We would certainly go back.