“Anniversary Dinner”
Review of State & Main

State & Main
Reserve with OpenTable
State & Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 1,495 Restaurants in Hamilton
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Sunday night anniversary dinner and my husband and I decided to try something new place for us. My husband ordered the fish taco and it comes with choice of 1 side. He ordered rice. My burger came with 2 side options. I chose cilantro coke slaw and poutine. Food was fresh fast and delicious. They have a lovely patio at the upper James location. We both felt it was a good pick.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We really enjoy the atmosphere and of coarse the food. When we asked the waitress about how one of the dishes was prepared, she said she would find out for us, she came back with the chef and he explained in detail his process. Very impressive. Favorite place to go

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Exactly what you expect from a chain plus a little bit more. The food is good, the service was friendly.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

I have eaten at S&M in London Ontario on a couple occasions and it was excellent. Invited friends to join us at the Hamilton location and I was disappointed. Service was slow and not really friendly. We ordered some of my favourite dishes based on how we liked them in London. The lettuce wrap chow mien was very soupy and the chicken was dry. The pretzel bites came with very little cheese?? The other dishes were ok but not as good as the London location. Was hoping for a better experience. Menu is great just think the kitchen was a little off, hopefully this was an isolated experience.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

We love this place.Never had a bad meal or bad service.Went recently for late lunch and were not disappointed.Had fish tacos and they were excellent.Will return.