“Good food loud music no bathroom”
Review of The Thirsty Cactus

The Thirsty Cactus
Ranked #301 of 1,411 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2018

We liked the food. Service was good. The music was so loud had to yell across the table to talk, eventually just gave up trying . But most of all no bathroom facilities for senior or anyone with issues for stairs. The bathrooms are down a steep flight of stairs no way my mom could make it down them. I asked if there were other bathroom and no that was all. So unfortunately we won’t go back as it’s nice to use the facilities at a restaurant even if it’s only to wash your hands. Sorry I can only rate low as this is a big problem.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Been to Dundas a few times yet never managed to stop in at the thirsty cactus.

It's seems to be popular with the locals and the university crowd. Laid back with large screen tv's to catch a game.

I tried the jerk chicken burger and was pleased with my choice.

The only negative on this visit was the cheese on the chips served prior to our entree. Cheese whiz not a fan.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Went there last week with my wife. The service was less than desired. The food was absolutely awful. The starter was nacho chips with melted Cheese-Whiz / processed cheese. I had ordered a fajita platter which did not have any taste. The salsa was bland / tasteless, I even asked for a hot sauce which was watered down tobasco in a plate. My wife had ordered a burrito, and how the heck do you mess that up? Thirsty Cactus did a wonderful job at that as well. My recommendation AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Pleasant atmosphere and amazing steak sandwiches.. ... Service was very good and we didn't have to wait too long for our food... The patio was the place to be at

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Always good food in here. Service is good. Mid priced bar. Pub food. Chicken wraps tasty. Open pretty late for beers.