“Best Fish and Chips in Hamilton”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
connaught fish and chips
Ranked #484 of 1,329 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Connaught is my favourite Fish and Chips in Hamilton. Usually we eat in rather than take out. It's reasonably priced and you can have a beer or a glass of wine. Service is good. The fish and chips...I always order Haddock, are fabulous. Both fish and fries have great crunch and are not greasy. My favourite for years. Always good.

1  Thank Jan K

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

I enjoy returning here as often as possible. The atmosphere and service is welcoming. The fish and chips devine..And they now serve homemade burgers mmmmmmm. See you again soon!

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

Picked up the special of the day on a Tuesday for lunch for my father, bf and myself. Cod and chips....absolutely delicious. The fish was perfectly cooked and not too much batter and the fries were probably the best fries we've had in a long time! You will not be disappointed. I've had take out here before and just realized that I hadn't reviewed this Hamilton go to. You also have the option to dine in. Don't be discouraged with the parking lot as there are more spots on the other side of the tracks . Give them a shot, I guarantee that it won't be the only time you visit!

1  Thank keljohn75
Reviewed 18 August 2016

we are return customers. My mother lives close by so we often come in for a Friday night dinner. We love the halibut and are happy to pay the extra price for it.
We went on August 16, 2016 and this time my husband joined us for the first time....after hearing from me how good it was. So he also ordered the halibut and chips as well. We got our fish and the halibut was slightly thicker than a piece of paper......i cannot believe that they served us this and called it fish. So we paid $15.99 for a dinner of batter and chips. We did not say anything to our server but my husband told me he'll never go back. I was so disappointed that I went home to google if the restaurant had changed ownership. I did notice that the guy frying was not the guy I know. We'll go back one more time and order the same thing ....just to test them and hope this was a one time mess. Fries were ok but not up to par - coleslaw was still fantastic. Perhaps the difference is the cook???

Reviewed 15 July 2016

The oil used was old - it clearly had not been changed in quite a while, rendering the fish very tough. The texture of the chips was disappointing - soft and not at all palatable. This was the first time I'd tried Connaught as it seems to enjoy status as a local place to go for fish and chips. The service was adequate, but given my experience with the food itself, I'll never go back - there are far better places for fish and chips in this city.

1  Thank treeshaper