“Superb Steak”

Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2018

THE KEG is our go-to restaurant for any type of special occasion, and we've eaten at many KEGS.
Having moved recently to Hamilton, we tried out this location for the first time, and it was just as expected - AWESOME.
Amanda looked after us, and did an excellent job at keeping us moving along from appetizers to main meal, and refilling our drinks at the right moments.
Food / atmosphere / service were all top notch, and we'll certainly be coming back.
Just a note, this location appears to be busy ALL the time, so a reservation is probably a good idea.

1  Thank I8417XVgeorger

Reviewed 1 March 2018

My better half and I came here to celebrate an anniversary, which is when I learned that the Keg now accepts Reservations (wish I had known that). Upon arrival we were taken right in and offered a table that was lon a main thoroughfare, we declined the table and the ended up waiting about 20 minutes for a booth. Our lovely and skilled waitress was Morgan L who looked after us very well.
We started off with the Escargot ($11.00), and a glass of red wine ($6.50), I then went with the 12 oz. NY Strip Sirloin Classic ($44.00) that came with a Caesar Salad, Asparagus with amazingly tasty button mushrooms. The NY Strip was perfectly done to order and was absolutely delicious. My better half went with the 8 oz Sirloin Classic ($36.00) that came with all the same fixings as mine. We tasted each others and I must say that I found her Sirloin to be a bit chewy for my taste, but she enjoyed hers. We finished off the meal with Creme Brûlée ($7.00 X2) which was also perfectly done and a very good portion.
So to review, great waitress, great food and an overall enjoyable dinner. The Keg always seems to deliver.

1  Thank David B
Reviewed 18 February 2018

I have never been to the keg before and it was a great experience. The service was friendly and quick despite us being a walk-in on a Saturday night.

Our steaks were delicious and we both enjoyed our meals.

It was busy and the environment was pretty loud which is my only complaint. Didn't stop me enjoying myself however.

1  Thank Erin F
Reviewed 22 January 2018

It was a busy night. We had reservations, however had to wait about 20 minutes for a table. There were six in our group and unfortunately one of the meals was missed. The manager came to our table to apologize and compensated for the missed meal. The meals were excellent.

1  Thank mariposa19
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Want a treat ? This is an excellent Keg location. The staff are on the ball, friendly and foid was nothing but excellent. Exceeded by expectations. Would definitely recommend this location.

1  Thank John V