“Hidden Secret on Locke Street.”
Review of Brux House

Brux House
Ranked #8 of 1,360 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 April 2018

The Brux House is a quaint restaurant that serves craft beers, cool original cocktails, and excellent wines. The Brux as they say "offers an a la carte menu that caters to guests looking for refined, but approachable dishes". It is in a beautiful classic 2 storey Hamilton house at the north end of the trendy Locke street beat. The staff was welcoming and the atmosphere was cozy. When deciding what beer to order we were offered a few tasters to help us decide. My husband and son-in-law ordered the beer and my daughter and I had the Tawes CabMerlot; wonderful. We ordered the amazing chicken skins with a crunchy breading in buffalo sauce and blue cheese; we loved them. We ordered the veggie and the regular burgers. The burgers were medium, juicy, tasty, and oozing with flavour. We were not disappointed. Staff was attentive exactly when they needed to be.
We are so happy we decided to go to the Brux House on a whim for a late dinner and cannot believe we haven't heard more about this amazing place.

We will be back very soon!!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

The food was creative and excellent. The service first class. The variety of beer and knowledgeable staff outstanding.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Spent a very memorable evening out at the Brux House. No reservations made, but the host was able to accommodate me. The staff members were all so friendly and welcoming; from the host to the bartender, the servers and the chef. The food was amazing. I would recommend this place with it's wonderful staff in a most inviting atmosphere. Check it out! It's great. Menu is great with variety of food items. Will definitely be back to this amazing part of Hamilton.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

We stopped at Brux House for lunch recently. We were seated immediately on the second floor. Our waitress was prompt and knowledgeable regarding the beers that they offer. My husband was very happy with the Stout that she recommended. I ordered the Kale Salad and my husband ordered the burger with a salad. Our lunches arrived quickly. My salad was large and the balsamic dressing was delicious. My husband's burger was large and perfectly cooked. Overall we had a very enjoyable lunch and wished we lived in the area so we could return for dinner.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Family of 5 and they sat us in a private room. Fantastic! The beer selection is bar none. Nice wines as well. We shared 3 appetizers, 3 meals and 2 desserts between us over 3.5 hours. All of which was delicious. The schnitzel is great and the burger best ever. Pretzel toffee pudding with chocolate is very good. Taste better than it sounds. We were never rushed or felt like we needed to move along. Mike our server was exceptional. Attentive but not over bearing. Very knowledgeable with great advice on the menu. Mike was just an all round pleasant person to deal with and a great ambassador for Brux House and Hamilton in general.