“Authentic Portuguese Experience”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Hamilton
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Went to this place for my partner's birthday. We had Sardines and Chorizo Arisada for starters. The sardines were good while the chorizo has a smoky uet sweet taste - definitely a must! Then for mains, I had the stuffed calamari while my partner had the Portuguese paella.

The Paella was really good. The seafoods were fresh. My grilled calamari stuffed with rice, chorizo, and bacon was to die for! The calamari was made into perfection .

The restaurant is currently in the midst of renovation. It could be really warm inside the restaurant.

Will definitely go back for their Authentic Portuguese food

2  Thank SuperKalel

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Really appreciated my waitress! I told her I was vegan and she worked with the chef to create a wonderful salad, and hearty soup. I was so surprised that she left the restaurant only to come back a few moments later with hot, freshly baked bread. Irresistible!
I was well looked after.
Wilma Snippe, President
H2Only Inc

1  Thank Wilma1957
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I've heard good things about the food at Wild Orchid. Since we were planning to go the the Super Crawl in Hamilton, we planned on eating at the Wild Orchid for dinner. This was by far the worst service I have ever had in a restaurant. There was a 'patio special' that was free mussels with a pitcher of sangria but only if you were on the patio. Since there was not chance we were going to get a seat on the patio we decided we would happily pay for our mussels and eat inside. We waited a long time to be acknowledged by a waitress, see a menu and get our order taken. When we received our food it was delicious so we decided to order another drink and more food. The drinks came after we finished our food. This was disappointing. I was looking forward to trying this restaurant and felt let down by the staff. The food was good but I will not be back.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

i have not been there for a while. they have just renovated the restaurant and it looks pretty good. the waitress we had was new and did not know a lot of things but she was pleasant and cheerful which made up for her lack of knowledge of the menu. when the main hostess came to our table she remembered us and chatted with us for a bit. we ordered the stuffed cod. it was like a panserottee. very good. my wife and i ordered 2 different dishes to get a variety. going there was my delayed birthday dinner, and they treated me a free dessert. they were exceptionally great people to do that.

1  Thank bruno l
Reviewed 17 August 2017

I didn't't make a reservation and was hoping that they would still accommodate a party of 6. Although they were quite busy, they welcomed us in and gave us a table. The server Claudia greeted us immediately with fresh water and choice of beverages. The portuguese green wine Alverda is the best and a must to try over a fish dinner. My family, including 2 boys, are foodies and fish lovers. The Wild Orchid has a lot of choice on their menu from pastas to steak but we definitely make the trip out to enjoy our fish. Our filets and bras are our favourite but their appetizer stuffed breads, calamari, shrimp and faves are to die for. We have been visiting this restaurant since my boys were babies and my oldest is now 18, entering University in a Food Science program. This restaurant is our go to fav and we are never disappointed. Everything from service, food and atmosphere is second to none.