“Absolutely fantastic!!!”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

Pros:
* Flawless looking restaurant
* Beautiful dim ambiance
* Incredible tasting food
* Extremely nice, kind, and welcoming family staff
* Unique candy bowl dessert which must be seen
* Price of food is acceptable for the high quality
* Variety on the menu
* Always well cooked (never would you need to worry about the sea food being undercooked)

Cons:
* Menu does not change often

Summary:

If you are visiting Hamilton or live in Hamilton or a nearby area, this restaurant is without a doubt a must try. It is quite beautiful and the food is made with love. It is great for a fancy night out with the family or with your loved one. You will not regret eating here. (I must recommend the shrimp cocktail to start--I have been all over the world eating shrimp and I have never tasted anything as good as Shakespeare's shrimp cocktail).

Safe travels and have a wonderful dinner :)

Date of visit: December 2015

Reviewed 30 June 2016

My daughters treated me to a belated Father's Day dinner at Shakespeare's. We arrived early for a 5:30 reservation and were seated a few minutes later...they were still setting up for dinner service.

We were greeted promptly and told the specials of the day. Our waiter showed up a few minutes later and took our drink orders which were delivered relatively quickly.

A tray of pickles, cheese and dark olives were served along with old style garlic bread. Soft bread nicely toasted with a great garlic flavour.

My son-in-law and I started with traditional French Onion soup that was very good.

Dinner choices included a Junior NY, 12 oz NY, a 26 bone-in Rib eye and salmon. All entrees were cooked to perfection. Steaks were tasty and tender and the steamed veggies served were not overcooked which is often the case.

Our server was VERY friendly, funny, attentive and hospitable.

Atmosphere was average, some music would have improved it.

Overall, it was a very good dinner and I would return.

Date of visit: June 2016
1  Thank kelleyr1958
Reviewed 22 June 2016

We reclaimed Shakespeare's as our favourite place for special occasion dinners a couple of years ago. We used to visit once per month almost 40 years ago B.C. (before children) and then took a 30 year hiatus. Our latest visit was last evening to celebrate my wife's birthday and the food and service never disappoint. A traditional steakhouse with a good selection of fresh fish and pastas to round out the menu. In years past I would have never thought of wearing anything less than sport jacket and tie, however the dress code has seemed to erode as there were at least 3 other tables with patrons in tee shirts, blue jeans and flannel "lumberjack" shirts which definitely brings the atmosphere down. I wish that there was an enforceable dress code. When you are spending over $200 for dinner for 2, I would expect a dress code commensurate. Other than that, the meal and service were of the highest standard.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 15 June 2016

The food is old world, old fashion steak house that has that old fashioned charm. Everything was prepared exactly as expected, the service impeccable.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 5 June 2016

I would have tried their prime rib, but I usually go for game meat first, and they had a selection of dishes. They give a generous helping of cheese/olive/pickle and garlic bread to start. Caesar salad was very good. I tried the boar chop and my friend had the filet. I'm not sure if I've ever had the chop cut before, but won't have it again. I found it was mostly fat. It was ok for me, as the lean that I managed to dissect was enough meat. Sides were very good. Service was also very good.

Date of visit: May 2016