“Never had a food that I did not like”

Mandarin Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 1,508 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, International, Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Award-winning buffet featuring delicious Chinese, Canadian, and International dishes - all prepared fresh daily. Serving over 100 all-you-can-eat items including soups, salads, sushi, grilled items, hot entrees, and desserts. Also offering a-la-carte, take-out and delivery.
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Went to The Mandarin with son and daughter in law to celebrate my wife's birthday. The staff were incredible especially Joseph, who was very helpful, had a good sense of humour and had a great personality. Now for the food. I used to eat too much and walk out of the restaurant in pain. Since I am, supposedly , more mature now I walk around to look at all of the food first , then I sensibly pick items that look and smell good. I love their chicken wings, won ton soup, crab legs, caesar salad, spring rolls,and most porks. The dessert area is incredible. Creme Brule, chocolate eclairs, and mostly, my favourite ICE CREAM, topped with chocolate sauce and butterscotch sauce. A few sprinkles on top also adds to the flavour. I can honestly say that I have never tried something that I did not like. If you have not will power, you can order off the menu. My wife and I once in a while order 3 foods, like beef and mixed vegetables or shrimp and rice. I recommend the Mandarin for any get together or just for a couple's night out. Oh , I forgot, if you are a senior, over 65 , and it is your birthday, you get your buffet for free. You just go on the Mandarin website , register and then they send you a voucher for your free dinner(have to be with 3 other adult purchasers). Also, seniors get a 20% discount but you have to have proof of age.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 15 January 2018

I took my mother to this restaurant as a Christmas present and we both enjoyed the experience very much. All the food was very good and warm. I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

The team at this Mandarin location work together carrying out an excellent job of providing fresh tasty food for their very diverse buffet menu. Lots of meat dishes to choose from for the carnivore and plenty of dishes for the vegetarians out there. They had for soups to choose from or you can try all four. Mounds of large Peel'n'eat shrimp and big mussels all on ice and very fresh. The dessert bars were to bountiful and would take three or four visits to try every sample. Don't forget about the Sushi Bar and Roast Beef Carvery stand...I almost did. This my fovourie place to eat when visiting Hamilton mountain.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped in at the Mandarin for a buffet buffet visit. The one thing I've noticed after visiting maybe one time a year is they've continued to increase the quality of their food, the sushi has gotten better, the selection is better, and overall it tastes better! The stand out item being the grilled pineapple, simply a great item to add to the plate. Consistent, decent quality and good service.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Mandarin is the standard by which all other Chinese Buffets should be judged. The way that this buffet is run, the high standards of quality with the food, the beautiful presentation, the excellent service, the decor, it is all a 5/5. The only way a place could be better is if they offered all of this, at a cheaper price.

That said this place is usually busy. I definitely recommend making a reservation or you could be waiting a while. Highly recommend this place.

1  Thank SailorAirman