“Delicious Meal - will definitely go back!”

Acclamation's Bar & Grill
Ranked #356 of 1,490 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Hamilton
Reviewed 20 November 2015

Wow, that was an absolutely amazing meal. We started with the pesto garlic cheese bread -- yum! I got the Pecan Crusted Chicken and my mom got the Seafood Pasta. The chicken was absolutely amazing -- so juicy, nice crust, great flavour, the mashed potatoes were out of this world too, wow. My mom loved her seafood pasta, homemade pasta noodles, perfectly cooked seafood and a wonderful sauce. We were so full by the end - portions were great! The server was amazing and the food came out in good time. Only suggestion would be to have better music - piano, or classical to fit the pretty setting, and the biscuit that came with the chicken was weird! Can't wait to come back and get my chicken again!

Date of visit: October 2015

Reviewed 13 November 2015

This restaurant is in a somewhat sketchy area but it's absolutely worth going to. I had a delicious pecan chicken dish and it was fantastic. The restaurant itself was nice inside - there is a casual section and a more formal dining area. Will definitely return!

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 12 November 2015

Before I get into this review that almost seems as something out of bar rescue, I want to acknowledge the owner who rectified the situation by comping our meal and offering an incentive for a second chance. That was appreciated. Also, even though the waitress did not listen or communicate the orders properly, I admired her honesty and integrity about it. This was the only time I had such a horrible experience at the restaurant, however it was also my first lunch experience with them. It seems the staff are literally night and day.

When an order for my table was communicated improperly, we tried to sustain from having to wait another hour before the food returned in the appropriate fashion. However, once we learned that another order was also wrong, we decided to be patient and all eat together with food we actually ordered. I personally grabbed the plate of food and went looking for my waitress when I actually saw the chef who asked me if everything was ok. I handed him the plate explaining the situation. This is when he begins to lecture me on only handing dishes to his waitress. At that moment I felt obligated to tell him that the communication and presence of the waitress was clearly a reason why I was in front of him in the first place and "we are already an hour and a half into the experience without any one eating any food". He then got loud with me and and said " I don't need your attitude". I dismissed him and the conversation by asking him to just fix the food he messed up and walking back to my table.

I asked the waitress for the manager. She replies " um, actually there is no one here at the moment but is there something I can help you with? " I said no. At this point I can't eat the very raw and un asked for steak, but not because of the texture, because of the anxiety of such confrontations. Finally having enough, I demanded a contact number. Somehow there is someone who is available .... the owner, who was downstairs the entire time. Thankfully she was understanding.

My only suggestion to Acclamation - BOH should never be communicating with clients never mind scream at them in front of other clients and family. To ensure this doesn't happen, have some management on the floor, have diligent servers, and keep the cook doing his job instead of hanging out behind the bar.

Reviewed 6 November 2015

Went for lunch today and food was horrible! No flavour at all. Took 45 mins to get a plate of pasta and half of pizza with a side salad. When we asked the waitress if our food was coming soon she said they were slammed and did we just want to take our food to go! Left quickly as had to get back to work only to find out they over charged us! $60 for a 2 lunch meals with no drinks! Never go back!!

1  Thank gordon247
Reviewed 2 November 2015

We stopped in at this restaurant for lunch and found they were participating in Novemburger for the United Way. Their entry for the competition was a Surf n Turf burger. It was delicious, nicely seasoned burger topped with pieces of lobster and gouda cheese. The house salad that came with it was very well done, just the right amount of dressing. My husband had the chicken club sandwich which was also very good, the fries were hot and crispy. The service was top notch, our server was very friendly and welcoming. Certainly will return the next time we are downtown Hamilton.