“Date night with hubby”

Ranked #20 of 1,473 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: One Part bitters, two parts love Aberdeen Tavern Open to the Public April 15th 2014 Aberdeen Tavern is a big city dining experience, steeped in warm hospitality set in a beautiful old bank setting. With comfort food as our primary focus, Chef Matt Beasley works closely with local farmers and sustainable food importers to ensure the highest of quality is never compromised. We offer a wonderful selection of vintage cocktails made with fresh squeezed juice, along with a broad selection of wine both by the glass and bottle. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

The service was absolutely excellent from first entering with a bubbly hostess to the attentive and kind waiter (Pepe). The food was refined and delicious - although it was all good favourites include crab cakes, streak frite, ravioli and peanut bar. Portions were fair but not huge and this is definetly a more expensive night out. Would highly recommend for upscale dining.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

This was our second time at the Aberdeen Tavern and we cannot tell you how fantastic the food was!!! I had the special pickerel which was mouth watering!! My partner had the beet tenderloin and she said it was amazing!! Devon our server was attentive, personable and excelled at customer service!! Irene the general manager came over to inquire about our meal!! We both told her that were there before and the second time was just as amazing!!

1  Thank 811foy
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

The food and service were okay, the place itself it's beautiful, a bit over priced for their small sized burgers. I would have given this a better review if it wasn't for the two people coughing up a lung working in the kitchen, I've been to this place twice in less then a week and both times there was a sick person handling food. What is going on? If your stuff is sick send them home!

Reviewed 1 November 2017

There are so many great reviews of this place, and a group of 5 of us were really looking forward to our dinner at The Aberdeen Tavern. When we arrived for our reservation our table wasn't ready. We were left standing at the front door for 25 minutes before we were offered a seat in the bar area to 'enjoy some drinks'. I asked if those drinks would be on the house since we had been waiting so long for our reservation and the response from the host was a little bit of a chuckle. We were eventually told that our first round of drinks would be on the house, which doesn't seem too unreasonable considering we weren't sat at our table until 45 minutes after our reserved time.
Soup, salads, and charcuterie started off our meal, and were all delicious. The pasta dishes were good, and the steak I ordered was cooked perfectly.
Dessert was also delicious - very rich, and decadent.
We had a difficult time getting a second round of drinks ordered, and our empty plates took a while to be cleared. At one point our waitress was at the table, asked if we were done, and then just walked away without taking any of our empty plates. She didn't come back for another 10-15 minutes. I noticed the tables around us seemed to have empty plates hanging around for a long time, too.
I think the average cost was around $75/person before tip. The restaurant is comfortable and has a great atmosphere, but I don't think for that price I will be rushing back because of the sub-par service.

Reviewed 31 October 2017

My team and I heard great things about this place, however we were not impressed with our overall experience. 7 of us ordered the 'Best Burger' option from the menu, however the burger itself was barely visible between the bun. The restaurant thought it was acceptable to charge $22 or so for this. On top of it, we felt uncomfortable watching some of the staff members run around like lunatics in a restaurant that was at best half full.