All reviews upper james nice courtyard turtle jacks paul mitchell small pool bed was very comfortable stayed two nights swiss chalet busy street front desk staff pool and hot tub starbucks coffee the check in process close to the airport fantastic hotel long weekend short stay
Reviewed 15 July 2017

There are fancier hotels,and there are bigger hotels, but the Courtyard is still one of my favourite places to stay.
The check in's are a breeze, the rooms are spacious and the hot tub is always hot. For a middle aged traveller like myself, these things are huge in my world.
The breakfast menu is a little pricey, but the food is prepared fresh. The bar menu is quite good if you want a nightcap, and the prices are not out of whack with any other hotels in Hamilton.
The Courtyard will always be preferred choice, when I am travelling to the Hamilton area!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
GMCYH, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hamilton,, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Rocketman2008,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. I am happy that you have made the Courtyard Hamilton your destination of choice in the past and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Me and my family stayed here for one night before our early morning flight. The room rate was very high for what you get. The room was average definately not Worth the price. This happened to be the only hotel that offered a shuttle to the airport which was our only reason for staying there. There were bottles of water in the room which seemed like a nice touch until you see the note on the water that you will be charged over $2 for each bottle you drink. The pool and hot tub were also average. In the pool area there were towels provided which were cheap and way to small. The staff at the front desk were always smiling and helpful, but other than that the hotel was a disappointment. I guess I had higher expectations for a Marriot hotel that we paid way more than other hotels in the area were charging.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
GMCYH, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hamilton,, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear Jazz S,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that your were happy with the service provided and were able to take advantage of the airport shuttle that we offer. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the rate that was paid and feel that there may not have been fully value in your stay. We strive to offer a wonderful experience for our guests and I do hope you will choose to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Hamilton.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with my 2 children. Beds were comfy, free wifi, great pool area and awesome outdoor patio with waterfall. Staff was friendly. Met all my expectations. Only suggestion is to clean the algae in the outdoor water feature it was green.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Caryn M,

Thank you for your excellent review. I am glad you enjoyed the service at the hotel and had a comfortable nights rest. I will address your comments about the outdoor pond with our engineering team and we should be able to get that algae issue address. I appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. The service was terrible. For the 3 nights we stayed we got room service once only however the room wasn't even cleaned. The beds were made and that's about it. There was no refill of condiments/coffee or cups. Had to ask for it to be refilled daily ! But the worst thing was that my room was left propped open!!!! Apparently who ever serviced my room wasn't attentive enough to lock the door after they finished. Luckily my passport was with me. But wat if I had left valuables in the room. Will not go there again

Stayed: July 2017
GMCYH, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hamilton,, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear bushum,

Thank you for your review. I am so sorry to hear of the concerns you have shared. I can assure you that the safety and security of our guests is our number 1 focus and I apologize for this major oversight. This has been discussed with our team along with your comments of overall cleanliness.

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Free coffee 24/7 would be nice ... a simple continental breakfast even nicer. The grounds are very nicely maintained. Waterfall and tables and chairs were clean. Did not use pool or exercise room but did see people using it. Staff was very nice on all shifts.

Room Tip: Is there anyway to keep doors from slamming shut? People were leaving in the middle of the night and you hear doors shutting. Also in shower, a bar on back wall would be nice
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear DandK110,

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the service and the outdoor space. I apologize that we were not able to offer you a complimentary breakfast as this is not standard within Courtyard Hotels. We do hope to welcome you again in the future.