All reviews mcmaster university hot tub and sauna nice pool main street on site restaurant room was clean road noise busy street comfortable hotel restaurant staff first floor sitting area great place to stay convenient location next morning tim hortons definitely stay here again
Reviewed 10 February 2016

The Visitors Inn has been our "go to" hotel for family occasions for over 20 years.
Our stay this month reinforced why we choose to stay here.
Our adult children were eating breakfast when an unexpected bus group of students came in to the restaurant. Our children pointed out to us that Nadia maintained her composure and graciously served the group ... some choosing from the complimentary menu and some a la carte. We came in to eat right after the group had left ... she was gracious and friendly to us also as she worked to clear a table and proceeded to get the orders filled promptly.
This visit we booked the Family Suite - appreciated the layout with sofa and coffee table in one room ... eating area in another - dishes and kitchen supplies. Provided space for relatives staying in other rooms to drop in for snacks and conversation.
The pool and hot tub are always favourite spots!

Room Tip: Amenities in family suite are great
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard M
Reviewed 10 February 2016

Stayed at the Visitors Inn on Friday February 5, 2016 and OMG !!!! What a wonderful hotel. Immaculate, beautiful and wonderful ammenities. The staff were so accomodating and quick. The lobby area was breathtaking! I have only one complaint and that was, that you have to sit down and order your free complimentary breakfast and get served. I was in a hurry to go to a meeting at the University and did not have time to sit down. I have stayed at many hotels and serve yourself breakfast is what is best for the patrons. Was not happy about that. I had to ask for a coffee to take back to my room so that I could get ready for my meeting. Other than that, overall, it was a wonderful stay.

Stayed: February 2016
2  Thank Heather P
Reviewed 1 February 2016

room was very nice and clean besides for one stray spider. pool is very nice and warm. the kids really enjoyed the pool.
were very unsatisfied with the continental breakfast - they hog over everything nothing is self serve - they would only give us one cup of orange juice and a few hot cereals.
also, the man by the desk - shift till 11p.m. is VERY RUDE - he watches over you as if its HIS KIDS - he checks up on you while your in middle of swimming - not once but constantly.
Barak

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

Wife, kids and I stayed a night after the RV shows in Hamilton. Kids loved the pool. Rooms were nice and clean. Beds.... so nicw. Slept like a baby. Breakfast was ok. Staff very nice and helpful. I would recommend again to any one on any type of trip.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 January 2016

After a long flight then a brief drive from Toronto to Hamilton, this place was really comfortable. The rooms were clean and the beds were nice to doze off after a tiring trip. The location is very nice near the 403 so I did not have to drive much into town. It is also very near to McMaster.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo