“Excellent food and service”
Review of My Thai

My Thai
Ranked #360 of 1,476 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Thai Cuisine in the heart of downtown Hamilton. Est 2000
Description: Thai Cuisine in the heart of downtown Hamilton. Est 2000
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

Visited this restaurant on Tuesday 6th Sept with my family and it was their recommendation. We were certainly not disappointed. At first we arrived and we were told they were expecting another large party and do we were a little unsure if this would affect service. We needn't have been concerned. The drinks and appetisers were brought quickly and our entrees shortly after we had finished them. No rush and the quality of the emerald, Penang curries along with pad Thai was outstanding.
If I could give this place a six I would.

Reviewed 28 March 2016 via mobile

We picked up lunch for takeout today easter Monday, this was my first time at this restaurant but I have been to the Brantford one many times an also used them for work catering.
What a disappointment! The salad rolls were brown (lettuce inside was several days old) quite soggy so threw them away. I also make my own rolls so really know the difference. The grilled calamari was like tubes of rubber .. By this point i realized they were actually serving us their leftovers from the weekend an nothing was fresh. The mango chicken was greasy an again the vegetables soggy so had been sitting there a while. Overall a very disappointing lunch that mainly ended up in the garbage.
Lesson learned as I was going to use them for catering like we do for our Brantford work meetings ..

Reviewed 11 February 2016 via mobile

First time at My Thai downtown. The restaurant is in an old building on John St, a little run down. The service was very quick and friendly. I ordered the Panang Curry which was excellent. My friend ordered the Basil Chicken and she said it was very good but mild in spice level. The lunch came with rice and a spring roll. I was not impressed with the spring roll, a little greasy and the dipping sauce lacked flavour. For the price the lunch should come with soup (most Thai places do). The Panang Curry and friendly service pushed this rating to a 4. Will return.

Reviewed 6 February 2016

Would recommend for a family dinner, not busy during the week, older interior but clean and fast service. Price is reasonable.

Reviewed 17 November 2015

It's not even Thai. This is a quintessential white people's place if you don't know what real Thai food tastes like.

My friend and I were hungry and ordered Singaporean noodles for $13.99, Tom Yum for $6.95, and papaya salad for $8.75. Every single item was a huge disapointment, as a semi-serious foodie, and having visited Thailand, I feel so embarrassed for them that they screwed up on the recipes so bad .Papaya salad lacked major ingredients like peanuts and shrimp, Singaporean noodles were just white people stir-fry with Hoisin sauce, and the tiny bowl of Tom-Yum soup (not enough for two) was literally the same Tom-Yum paste that you can get at Asian groceries topped with 5 mushrooms and one crabmeat. It was so disappointing.

1  Thank Melodie S