“Good Quick Thai Lunch”

Cuisines: Thai
Description: Thai Cuisine in the heart of downtown Hamilton. Est 2000
Description: Thai Cuisine in the heart of downtown Hamilton. Est 2000
Reviewed 11 February 2016 via mobile

First time at My Thai downtown. The restaurant is in an old building on John St, a little run down. The service was very quick and friendly. I ordered the Panang Curry which was excellent. My friend ordered the Basil Chicken and she said it was very good but mild in spice level. The lunch came with rice and a spring roll. I was not impressed with the spring roll, a little greasy and the dipping sauce lacked flavour. For the price the lunch should come with soup (most Thai places do). The Panang Curry and friendly service pushed this rating to a 4. Will return.

Reviewed 6 February 2016

Would recommend for a family dinner, not busy during the week, older interior but clean and fast service. Price is reasonable.

Reviewed 17 November 2015

It's not even Thai. This is a quintessential white people's place if you don't know what real Thai food tastes like.

My friend and I were hungry and ordered Singaporean noodles for $13.99, Tom Yum for $6.95, and papaya salad for $8.75. Every single item was a huge disapointment, as a semi-serious foodie, and having visited Thailand, I feel so embarrassed for them that they screwed up on the recipes so bad .Papaya salad lacked major ingredients like peanuts and shrimp, Singaporean noodles were just white people stir-fry with Hoisin sauce, and the tiny bowl of Tom-Yum soup (not enough for two) was literally the same Tom-Yum paste that you can get at Asian groceries topped with 5 mushrooms and one crabmeat. It was so disappointing.

1  Thank Melodie S
Reviewed 25 October 2015

I have been coming to My Thai for many years now. The dishes are prepared with fresh ingredients and very delicious. I typically order the Emerald Curry Chicken. This is made with fresh chicken and vegetables including eggplant, cauliflower, broccoli and much more. Service is excellent and they are so friendly. Repeat customer.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

I have had to work in Hamilton, Ontario a few times and must say this restaurant was an amazing find. It is EXCELLENT Thai food...very fresh, and flavourful and not expensive. Service is fast and friendly.
I just went back there yesterday and felt the need to promote this place. It is located at 21 John Street. And if you didn't know it was there you might just miss it.

Definitely worth a meal if you are in city of Hamilton.