“Yummy Breakfast, yummy chicken soulvaki”
Review of West End Diner

West End Diner
Ranked #56 of 1,341 Restaurants in Hamilton
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I have eaten at the West end diner once for breakfast and have ordered twice for take out once lunch and once dinner. West end diner is close to work for when we want to get food and dont bring lunches. The breakfast is yummy. The chicken soulvaki is very good. price is great portion is very large you get two chicken skewers, 2 sides and a greek salad. The food is always good no complaints. We will definitely be ordering again.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I’d been here once before but it was my wife’s first visit.
Place was busy, we were seated quickly. Server was helpful and pleasant. Our food arrived quickly and was fantastic! My wife had a Greek salad with shrimp she said it was excellent. The shrimp were really tasty and salad was very nice feta was really creamy. I had a smoked meat sandwich and got a 2nd one for 25 cents - what a great deal! Food was very fresh and well prepared. Next time trying the smoked salmon benedict - can’t wait to go back! P.S baklava was also excellent.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Have been here for breakfast and lunch many times, with family and friends. The staff are great and very friendly. Super menu. They have a daily specials board near the entrance. Usually very busy but not too long a wait. I have often ordered off the senior's menu which has a good selection like hot beef sandwich, omellette , spaghetti and several others. Included are soup or salad, 2 sides and drink, all at a reasonable price. Another thing on the menu that I still find hard to believe is you buy a Montreal Smoke Meat Sandwich(very good) and get a second one for 25 cents. The coffee is very good. Will continue going to this restaurant in the future.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Great breakfast menu and a good seniors menu for dinner,very reasonable prices a popular restaurant so be willing to wait for a table

Reviewed 4 February 2018

I met a friend for lunch here as it is one of her favourite places. Our server was Esther, a Goddess of waitresses with a killer smile.
I went with the Chicken Parmigiana ($17.50) that came with a side Caesar Salad. The salad came and was nicely presented and just the right size. When my chicken parmigiana arrived I sat in shock at the size of the serving. I rarely don't clean my plate but admit that this was one of those rare days. The chicken was very nicely done and probably the largest serving I have ever received when ordering this dish. I had the fettuccini in a white sauce which was also excellent and I just could not finish off.
Foolishly I ordered a Brownie for Dessert that came with whip cream hoping my friend would help me with it. When Esther put it down on the table in front of me I thought there had been some mistake, that they had brought the entire pan. It was probably four times the size of a normal dessert. I would say though that it was more of a chocolate cake then a brownie, good none the less - and yes I did finish it off.
This restaurant is clearly run by people who care about what they are doing, and have hired a good staff who feel the same way. Easy to understand why they have such a loyal customer base.
If you are hungry and like good food, come here, if you are on a diet .....enter at your own risk.

1  Thank David B