“You "Gotta eat here" .”
Review of Harbour Diner

Harbour Diner
Ranked #45 of 1,476 Restaurants in Hamilton
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family run Diner with an emphasis on home cooking. Everything now made in house, from scratch. Comfort food at it's finest!
Reviewed 20 June 2017

Tried this quaint restaurant on Sat. June 17th with a group of 14 people. Very casual, friendly diner. Unfortunately, no air conditioning. The good food and good service made up for that. (They are working on getting A/C). The food was served all together which was nice for our group, dinner were plated nicely and the overall consensus was that everyone enjoyed their food. I ordered the steak meal and I don't usually order steak when out, but, it was delicious. Other dishes ordered and enjoyed were the shephard's pie, greek salad, lobster and crab macaroni, fish and chips, steak sandwich and garden salad. The homemade pies were amazing!! I enjoyed strawberry, raspberry rhubarb and others ordered the lemon meringue and pecan pie. All pies were eaten down to the last crumb. The servers were very friendly and knew all about the meals offered. The restaurants décor is quaint, with mismatched chairs and tables. Definitely not fancy but the food is delicious.

1  Thank Patricia2travel

Reviewed 9 June 2017 via mobile

Good reviews drew us to try this diner for lunch. A small intimate venue with good food and friendly service. Reasonably priced and different in a good way from all the other chain restaurants.
A hidden gem.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

First visit was lunch with friends. I ordered the club sandwich, it was large and full of ingredients. I was not a fan of the thick cut ham but that was my only complaint. Prices were reasonable and service was good. Also sampled a pie which was tasty.

1  Thank SteveRic
Reviewed 22 May 2017

I love everything about the Harbour Diner: the sweet couple Jessie & Darryl who own and operate it, all their wonderful servers, and the darling décor. The food is comforting, reasonably priced, and far superior to anything normally offered at a typical diner. They have a prime rib sandwich as a regular menu item, which is to die for, according to my meat eating friends, and they always accommodate my vegetarianism with either their buttery and huge grilled vegetable Panini, or an angel hair pasta primavera with a cream and lemon sauce. SOOO GOOD! On special occasions, they may have lobster tails and steak on the menu, and their daily specials are always hearty, well thought out, and fabulous. Their drink menu is nice, and they have ice cream and pies! They don't have a deep fryer, so their potatoes are roasted. They make everything from scratch, including their bread and butter pickles, and cole slaw. They serve an all day breakfast with huge portions and a reasonable price.

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

This spot is absolutely darling! We went for Sunday brunch. It reminded me of waking up at grandma's, and her making me whatever I wanted for breakfast. Just love the cute wallpaper, and the vintage tables and chairs. Our server was lovely, and our food came very promptly! We got there at just the right time, because there was soon a wait for a table outside the door! I assure you, it is worth the wait! This place now takes #1 spot for pancakes in all of Hamilton! And trust me, I have been on the hunt! My mouth watered at the huge selection of pies, which I cannot wait to go back and sample, along with a cup of that good coffee they've got! Cheers folks! You're doin it right!