“Excellent Food, Small Place”
Review of Fsh & Chp

Fsh & Chp
Ranked #27 of 1,411 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Description: Our team at FSH & CHP has strategically and carefully developed our menu to include seasonal options whenever possible in addition to offering sustainable seafood in a casual and relaxed atmosphere. We are committed to delivering an experience that will surely make this Hamilton's go to spot for great seafood.
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Had dinner here on Saturday night. The restaurant itself is tiny; maybe 8 tables and seating for 25 people. It was a very warm evening and the restaurant being so small, and the door opening and closing constantly made for a warm meal.

The heat was worth it though as the food was excellent. We started with hush puppies which were served with two very good dips. Salad was fresh, shrimp tacos delicious but the star was the fish and chips. Lightly battered served piping hot and not greasy. Fries were excellent as well.

We will be back if back in Hamilton, ......... on a cooler day!

Many cheers ...............

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

The owners clearly love their craft. The salmon wrap and fish tacos were simply wonderful. Our meal was both healthy and delicious. Truly a terrific place!

Reviewed 7 June 2018

• FSH & CHPS Hamilton: chick pea batter fish, blackened mahi tacos, hushpuppies with red pepper jam, and honey butter.
Date of Visit: Thursday, May 31st, 2018 (8 PM)

Hamilton is really becoming a great Foodie town. Maybe it always has been, but I have noticed a lot of great new places in the last few years.
Tonight, we tried this little joint. It is a small restaurant with about 6 – 10 tables.
It is sandwiched in an area where there are many other great restaurants, making this a a destination area for good food.

The street sign is a logo of a Fish, so you may miss it, but it is worth a visit.

The atmosphere is very bright and clean. Unlike some of its neighbours, this is not a loud restaurant. Very quiet – a good place for date night.

The food is very good. There are some great options on the menu – be sure to check out their daily ‘specials board’ for some other delicious options.

Tonight, we started with the hushpuppies which come with red pepper jelly, and a nice honey butter. Tip: stir the sauces a lot to really get the full flavour, as the flavours settle to the bottom. You will love the sauces when you do this. Otherwise you may think the butters are just ‘average’ – which they are not.
Mahi Fish Tacos were on special, which were delicious. The ratio of Fish to Red Cabbage slaw was a bit off for my tastes, but still delicious.
I had the FSH & CHPS, made with the gluten-free chick pea batter – they have 3 batter options to choose from, and since I have never had a chick pea batter before, I chose this one. I am NOT gluten-free, but ordered it to try something new. I loved it. It made the fish extra crispy, and less greasy than you usually get with fish & chips. It was a nice alternative that you will love, too.
The chips were thin, and crispy.

Service: there was one server - Jenna (No need for more), and she was very pleasant, friendly, and attentive. She even had conversations with us, including one about why I chose the Chick Pea batter, and what I thought about it.

The price: very decent pricing. Not too high at all.

Parking: Parking in downtown Hamilton can be a bit of a challenge, but there is a LARGE parking lot one block over at Rebecca St. The cost is 2.25.

I would highly recommend visiting FSH & CHPs. A great meal done right.

1  Thank RogueTrippers
Reviewed 10 May 2018

Great little spot in a hot renovated section of King William. Service was good, but very small place so when it is crowded, you won't get a seat. YIKES! Food was delicious. I had the shrimp tacos and my guest had the haddock and chips. Yummy chunky chips just like I remember at the Chippy wagons at the Fergus Highland Games. Super beer selection. Will definitely be back! Good value. Only reason I gave it a 4 was due to lack of seating and the fact you have to find public parking nearby.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Foods great and we loved the decor used in the space that they have. Definitely recommend panko fish and chips!