See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Was able to get a room through a third party site for $75 for the night. Room was big, bed was comfortable.

Pros:
-inexpensive
-steps from the train station and lots of resteraunt options
-front desk staff was great
-large comfortable rooms

Cons:
-not the nicest hotel, but again you get what you pay for
-area at night can get a little 'iffy'

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

There was a blood stain on the bathroom door, and a massive murder stain on the ground. HUGE ghost vibes! Also, let me add that we found multiple bottle caps from other guests and my sister got locked in the bathroom for 10 mins! I told the staff when we checked out and he was apologetic, but retrain your cleaning staff! Gross.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Fantastic location
Centally located in historic Guelph
Close to some cool restos and arena etc

I can't be sure of the cause of the itch, ?detergent
Entire place has a funky sweet odour
Older place but seemed clean

Sorry

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

First impression I walked in the room and the toilet was clogged, I phone front desk where I was told they have a plunger I can use to fix it myself. I take a shower after, feeling disgusted. Half way through the cold water disappears and I get burned. The staff is all aware of the problem and say they do not do it on purpose. But also they do nothing to fix the problem. This hotel is a hazard and should not be able to rent rooms to anybody. Not even dogs should stay here.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Shayne N
Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

This place was so very nice when the once single rooms and bachelor suites where tore apart..gutted and the extensive massive renovating began over 30 years ago. I can't believe they haven't updated this place... what is it about Guelph and some places that just stick with the old interior getting older every day! They want the customers money but don't care what the customer sleeps in!
If the owner's of this hotel let the interior deteriate.. it only attracts bugs and they'll have to rip everything out again and start over thus costing them more money! Or maybe they'll just sell it (for a cheap price-along with money lost) and leave it to the new owners to renovate it all again!
I like the old buildings of Guelph and some of them have lovely renovated interior. .. I wish this hotel would follow suit!!
I also noticed that the street this hotel is on..toward the old Eaton's Center is not lite up at Xmas.. I wonder why?

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo