“Best short-braised beef ribs”

The Water St. Cooker
Ranked #95 of 500 Restaurants in Burlington
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 29 March 2018

I ordered the short-braised beef ribs on a Saturday night and our waitress said that's the only thing her boy friend orders there. They were delicious with dark rich gravy and the meat was so tender it just fell apart with your fork. I ordered an extra side of gravy to finish off the meal. The chef came over a few times and said that's the only meal he will finish completely and not take any home as it's so good. We were there with my brother in law about 10 years ago and he ordered them and raved about them and I never forgot that so had to order them again. At that time they were on the bone but this time not. I wonder why?
The view was great too overlooking the harbor and the Burlington skyway.
Jim Bauman
Elmira

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I went out to supper with 3 friends on St Patrick's Day. We had started off going to Emma's Back Porch but it was full so we went upstairs the The Water St. Cooker. It was fantastic!. The view of the Lake is spectacular. So pretty. Our meals were excellent. I had the Prime Rib, done to perfection, one other had the Ribs, she loved them and the other 2 had the Flank Steak Pasta special also delicious. The service was amazing. Rachel was our waitress and she was great. We will definitely come back here!

Reviewed 5 March 2018

We visited on a Saturday night during Taste of Burlington.The meal overall was really good. Our starter was the least favourite, the butternut squash ravioli, it was fried and we weren't expecting that. The menu stated fried sage, so I thought they fried the sage for flavour but the actual ravioli was fried. I probably would not order that again. For our mains my husband ordered the rack of lamb and totally loved it. My son had the prime rib, it was a very large portion, he enjoyed it and I ordered the rainbow trout. My meal was just ok. Each of the mains had vegetables and potatoes, so a good size meal. The dessert was great both my husband and son had the cheesecake and I had the creme brulee which was delicious. The setting of this restaurant is so beautiful, looking out onto the lake. Our server was very good. Overall it was a great dinner in a lovely venue.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Attended for my mother in laws birthday brunch!
Despite being busy, the buffet servers didn’t miss a beat!
All platters and hot stations were topped up always. The selection of items in itself was a win in my books!
The brunch nailed quantity, without sacrificing quality.
Top notch! Can’t wait to return!
Thank you!!!

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Excellent Sunday Brunch. Choice at buffet very appealing especially the seafood bar and hot options (roast beef and baked ham both done perfectly). We will be back