All reviews room was clean hot tub and sauna boston pizza bit dated breakfast buffet hockey team main floor stayed one night cleaning staff atrium alloro holidome highway tournament keg gym teams
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

I recently spent a week at the Holiday Inn, My stay was good.
The biggest pros were:
-friendliest staff in the restaurant during every meal
-rooms were clean and well kept
-I like how for the 5th and 6th floors you have to have a pass to get on those floors
-room service was quick and easy
-good location: near a small mall & right off the highway

Major dislikes:
-the gym isnt private; there is no back wall? Therefore anyone walking through can see you, OR what happened to me, there was an event thing in the atrium and there was a group of creepy guys staring so I left.
-no free weights?
-as I was there for business I had to be up at 0530. For some reason the staff put a group of kids in multiple rooms around me and all night they were running up and down the hall and kept the latch lock in the door so it wouldn’t close and the doors kept slamming all night
-I was charged on my card more than what my final bill said

Overall, except for the night the kids showed up, my stay was good. It is a nice hotel with great food and staff, but trying to unwind in the gym is hard when people are eye balling you and making you feel uncomfortable. If you’re looking for a good workout after a long day - this is not the hotel.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

I travel a lot for my job and found this hotel to have most attentive staff of them all. The rooms are clean and well taken care of. I would highly recommend the the Alloro restaurant, the food is wonderful and well priced. Christine behind the bar has been wonderful even remembering my drink after being gone for a week, she will treat you like family which is always nice when your away from home. Definitely try the crispy goat cheese it’s my favorite.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank mszymanski42
Reviewed 8 February 2018

We stayed for one night on December 22nd. The room was clean, bed and pillows comfortable, good shower and towels. It was quiet. The breakfast was much better in variety than most hotels of this status....lots of choice. Service was friendly at front desk and in dining area. We felt this was an excellent experience for the cost.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2017

To start , when we arrived the front desk clerk was rude. There was a sign posted there for breakfast to open at 6:30 A.M., which would have been perfect for us as we were travelling early on the 24th. We went downstairs and entered the restaurant at 6:45 and was met by a very rude employee that said they don't open until 7 am and coffee won't be ready for 15 mins. I explained to her that the sign on the front desk said they opened at 6:30. She said she didn't care what it said. Well that gave us enough time to gather our luggage and leave the Hotel. As we were leaving after 7 she was putting out the coffee etc. Our breakfast was suppose to be included. I will never stay at another Holiday Inn again

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank barrydarling
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Burlington Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Hi barrydarling!

Thanks for choosing us for your trip in Burlington and sharing your experience! We're very sorry about your unpleasant encounter with one of our Front Desk staff and missing our breakfast service. This is certainly not what our hotel strives for, nor is this our usual or our best. I reviewed your comments with our Food and Beverage Supervisor and Front Office Manager so we can provide the appropriate follow up and training with our staff. I also sent you a private message to learn more about the details of your stay, and I look forward to your response.

Once again, thanks for the feedback, and we hope to win back your heart and try us again!

Safe travels,

Gian M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 3 December 2017

We booked a room for one night. We were meeting friends for dinner and had not expected the horrendous traffic in the vicinity of our hotel. Our room was very nice and sparkling clean. The two double beds were exceptionally comfortable. The only thing that spoiled our total enjoyment of the room was the fairly strong odour of chlorine emanating from the indoor pool. As it was late and we were only staying one night we decided to live with it. We had an enjoyable breakfast next morning at Alloro in the hotel before we headed home.

Room tip: Rooms overlooking the pool area may smell of chlorine.
Date of stay: November 2017