“Great food”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: (519) 753-0263 Just opened this week. All You Can Eat Buffet
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We love coming here. The food tastes great. Always something new to try.. The staff is friendly. It's a nice place to go with your family or friends.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We moved to Brantford a couple of years ago and have tried this Chinese buffet about 10 times now.

Several times after eating there we had an upset stomach or diarrhea for a day or two.

We ate there Saturday night. The next day my husband had an upset stomach and diarrhea. I was ok for a couple of days but last night (the third night) I had the worst cramps overnight and also had the diarrhea.

Other times we have eaten there we just an occasional stomach ache, indigestion, bloating, no diarrhea.

I ususally eat the sushi (vegetable), salads and some rice, broccoli dishes, fried jumbo shrimps, roast beef, gravy, some fresh fruits cantaloupe and pineapple.

My husband usually has roast beef, gravy, salads, rice, broccoli, chicken balls and desserts such as brownies or macaroons, icecream.

Maybe it was the gravy? We both ate roast beef and gravy.

He ate the brownies and macaroons but he said that they were soggy, cold, probably because they are frozen. Maybe that added to his diarrhea problem?

He doesn't usually complain, but we have noticed that several times that we ate there, one of us usually has a stomach or bowel problem a few days later.

Last November we were sick with food poisoning that we thought was from another restaurant in Brantford, but now we realize that it was this buffet.
Saturday night was the first time that we went back since November 2017 and we have been sick with diarrhea both times within 3 days of eating there.
This is a definite sign of food poisoning.

We have now wised up to this and will not be going back.

We are scheduled to go to Europe in 2 1/2 weeks and we hope that our stomach, bowel complaints will soon be gone! Both of us were sick over the last couple of days from having eaten at this buffet.

It's too bad. The price was great. Not Mandarin pricing. Everything is tasty and really hot but the indigestion and bloating and diarrhea problems afterwards are not worth it.

Don't know what they are putting in the food to give patrons digestive problems - MSG?

Gave them a 3 star rating for the taste of the food, but it really should be lower , probably a 2 because we get sick in some form or other most times that we ate there.

1  Thank johnhpkirby
Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

We thought we would give this a try . It was me and my husband and 2
Children . The service was beyond my expectations . They were very friendly in there . The buffet was okay it was hot but wasn’t much of a variety as I am used to but my chicken balls were amazing and my make your own waffle was very yummy . This restaurant is very clean . Washroom was clean . Lots of seating . And the price was reasonable .

Reviewed 9 February 2018

Great selection of an AYCE buffet for a really reasonable price can be found here. Lots of seating, pleasant staff and lots of choices make this a great place to eat. Salad bar has a lot of variety, items are cold and crisp. Sushi bar has half a dozen selections and plenty of peel and eat shrimp. There are 3 soups, a make your own waffle station, carve your own roast beef, lots of chinese favourites and plenty of the usual sides. There is always a couple of pans of delicious fish, onion rings, garlic bread and amazing tasty dinner rolls.

2  Thank cambridgemama
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Took the kids there for dinner Saturday night and for the price and selection it’s pretty good....sure it’s not the Mandarin but it’s sure a whole lot better than that over priced disaster they call kings buffet.....