“Gradual Decline......”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2018

First off, I generally see the good over the bad and I have been to this establishment a few times over the last few months. Interestingly, of all the places I've reviewed, this is the first one that is walking distance from my house. Therefore, I struggle writing a somewhat dismal review. Here's my issue(s): (1) Just because its on the menu doesn't mean its available. A couple of visits ago, our server went through the list of items that was not available. In a joking fashion I said that it looks like we're having burgers and she laughed and said basically that's it. It continues, for months they have been listing restrictions - change the menus. (2) You can order pasta on one instance and receive a large helping, the next visit it may be half as much. I feel that depending on its popularity, you may, or may not, have to share your portion with other patrons. (3) I ordered the fish & chips Friday night specials a few times and liked it. On my last visit, the 2 pieces of fish looked like they were caught by Captain Highliner himself! To top it off, the wait staff said the owners decided to mix things up and provide 2 pieces of fish instead of one! However, the 1 piece actually tasted like fish. I swear if I went across the parking lot to the grocery store that they's be out of frozen fish in the cooler section - it was all bought by Slumdogs! I was with a colleague who said the same thing about their beer selection, that it is not as varied as it used to be.
I'm not one who criticizes a lot of establishments but in this case I feel that there is very little positive to commend the owners with. I get the feeling that the business is in a financial crunch and is looking for ways to nickel and dime its patrons to make it work. I also considered not reviewing but felt that people should be aware of spending their hard-earned cash at such places. The value is just not there, which is sad given the lack of options in the immediate area.

1  Thank paluc502

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I drive from Guelph for the atmosphere and amazing Chicken Tacos!!!
Staff are amazing, food is always fresh!! Price is comparable to most other chain restaurants!!

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Wonderful food, good staff and an all over amazing nightlife vibe. Great for a night out with friends!

Reviewed 29 January 2018

I went to slumdog on a Saturday night. We arrived pretty late (almost midnight) and there was no host at the door. We waved to the bar and several staff looked at us but it took over 5 minutes before anyone came to seat us.

The person seating us said they would send our server over. Almost 20 minutes later our server finally came. We wanted to order food but, as menus were not on the table, we had to wait for our server to bring menus and come back for our order, which took another 20 minutes to accomplish. If it hadn't been for the UFC (this was the only bar in the area showing it) I would have left.

When our wings arrived, they were the smallest wings I have ever seen (no exaggeration, genuinely). They were expensive compared most other bars and the wings were around 50% smaller than even the smallest wings I have ever had anywhere else.

Even if this is the only bar available for a sporting event again I would still not go back. I would rather miss the event. Don't waste your money or time here.

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Ordered up a grilled quesadilla and a buffalo chicken sandwich. Seems like a simple order for any pub or restaurant to get right.

The grilled quesadilla came out and when my friend picked it up it folded around her hand and most of the toppings fell out. Most places she orders the same thing and the pita is a little toasted or at least strong enough to keep everything inside.

The buffalo chicken sandwich was really bad. First off I had to send it back in after on bite because the chicken in the middle was still really cold. When it came back out it was all dried out like they put in the microwave for a few minutes to get the Center warm.

I am not sure what this place is trying to be. On one side it looks like half night club and half sports bar and the other side looks like a Kelsey’s restaurant. Then the sign says Hakka food . The whole thing is very confusing and the was horrible. I would not recommend this place to anyone......