“Horrible experience ”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Saturday night at around 8 we go there expecting a good meal since we’ve been here before and had a decent time. There’s one guy at the counter and he takes our order. We ask him questions about a dish or two and he has no idea. Anyways, we get our salads and they’re not bad but as he puts our chicken on the grill, he proceeds to leave it there and leaves the store!!! My mom sees him enter a red car, sit in there for 5 mins, and then walks out and I guess realizes that he has chicken on the grill. He runs to get to the chicken off the grill, all the while we’re alone in the entire restaurant. Anyways time progresses onwards, and a couple of this employees friends show up and they start going behind the counter and just joking around with him. After 45 minutes, our food comes to the table. And I can not express enough how the 70 dollars we spent for 4 ppl was such a massive waste of money. The rice was bland, chicken was dry, lamb kabab tasted funny, and the fries were dry and stale. Honestly sometimes I think about the food still and wish I had a time machine so I could go back and not go there. Appalling experience.

1  Thank Saurabh C

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

Just finished with my dentist apt and looking for something to eat. So I stopped by mosiac since it's the only restaurant to be open for a while ( a lot of stores come and go in that plaza) this is not medetaerainian food. For 2 chicken souvlaki dinners it's $30. Outrageous!! At Lawrence square mall I can get the same meal for 7 bucks and they make it fresh infront of you. The rice was over cooked and chicken was baked in tomatoe sauce. You pay for the quality of food. Would not go back

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We were looking for Greek food, discovered this online. We called and booked for a party of 10, without knowing this restaurant at all. We had among us a Greek speaking naive, and were trying to please her this night. Arriving a few minutes late, they seemed somewhat unprepared for our party. While the tables had been pushed together, it was not really set. No cutlery, the pepper was empty, there were more chairs than necessary. My first thoughts were, “This isn’t going to be great.” Menu’s, I got up and asked for them, a gentleman came and asked us for our drink order, one or two at a time, when he brought the drinks back, he then took another order from one or two, and continued to repeat this over. Only a white or a red were available, the server had no idea what kind of wine it was. This having been said, the evening began to get better as the wine was good, two platters of breads came to the table with dipping yogurt, these were really, really good. We ordered by couple, a pain for a waiter, but they were so nice about it. I believe this is a three or four man operation, probably most of the orders are for take out. So they were all very busy. Our food came out all at once, amazing us. Let me say the prices are very reasonable and the food is fantastically good. Our native Greek discussed dishes, curing and cuts of meats, spices and preparation of the food. She was ecstatic with their answers. Approval. Several of us paid in cash and left generous tips, which brought some very big smiles to the staff. So Thank You Mosaic Mediterranean Grill for a night which we will remember and speak of at family get togethers for years to come.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We had the chicken and lamb platters which were tasty and tender. The rice and potatoes were also very flavourful and cooked soft. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is located in a plaza so there's ample parking.

When we got in, it was empty, so we're able to choose a good place to accommodate my wheelchair.

Our orders were taken right away and the food arrived in no time. The chicken was tender and tasty. The salad was fresh in a generous plate of cottage cheese. I had a good lunch! The reds of us agreed that this is a better choice than the other Mediterranean restaurants in the area.

I highly recommend this place, check it out! TripAdvisor recognized this place as "Excellent" in 2013.