“Not impressed”

Chilangos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 209 Restaurants in Belleville
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Description: Family own restaurant, authentic Mexican food.
Description: Family own restaurant, authentic Mexican food.
Reviewed 18 July 2018

Have heard both good and bad about the food, but I wouldn’t know. I made a reservation 4days before my husbands birthday only to arrive from out of town to find the place closed. When I called the next day, I was told they weren’t responsible for reservations made on line. Abraham said the manager would call me back. Two weeks later, no call. Today I called again, he said they had been busy. I don’t usually complain but a phone call and an offer of a free drink or appetizer would have gone a long way toward customer relations. Hope their service isn’t this bad or they will be out of business soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

First time for myself here. My wife has been several time and always raved about it.
Anita , thank you for the great service and freindly smile.
Food is fresh, served hot and very authentic. The patio is small, we eat inside, could spend a little on patio and the root 1/2 through kitchen storage area to get to it. Busy spot so you may need reservations. Great job and thank you to kitchen staff. Reasonably priced and large portions. I could not finish my burrito.
We will definitely return soon. Beers dinners, app, tax and tip $61.

Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We began going to Chilango’s in 2016. We go there every week we are visiting the area. Sometimes we go more than once in a week. We find great, friendly service and well-prepared meals. We all have our favorites. Whether we go midday or dinner hour, the place is packed and people are turned away. Fortunately they are increasing their seating capacity. We are going back to Ontario in August and look forward to our visits to Chilango’s.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Staff was very accommodating for vegan options. Food was very tasty and it was nice to sit out on the back patio.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Nice little place in the historic part of Belleville. The food was flavourful and authentic, service was prompt and cordial, and menu offers choices for vegetarians as well as meat lovers. Excellent choice for anyone craving Mexican!