“First Visit ”
Review of Royal Haveli

Royal Haveli
Ranked #6 of 201 Restaurants in Belleville
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Description: fully licensed fine dine Indian Restaurant. Authentic North Indian style cooking. Good collection of Wine, sprits, beers, Scotch and whiskies. Everything is made to order with amazing curries and hot platters.
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

I have never eaten Indian food before and have always been afraid to, my husband talked me into trying this restaurant and I'm glad he did! We had the onion baji and samosas for appetizers, both very tasty, I found the samosas to be on the medium heat side and the baji was nice and mild. For mains my husband ordered the chicken biryani (only available in medium or hot) which was delicious but too hot for me (I have a very sensitive palette to heat) he found the heat level just right, I ordered the beef korma and it was fantastic! It was very mild as indicated on the menu and the flavour was a lovely balance of sweet and savoury, the beef was extremely tender. We were too full to try any of the dessert options but we'll definitely be going back!

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

This place is a little gem in our little city. Food is so delicious and fresh. The best Indian food I have ever eaten in a restaurant. You must try it. Make sure to have the paneer pakora. You won’t be sorry. The staff is lovely too.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Excellent food!! Excellent service!!!

Can’t say enough good about this Indian cuisine.

We had two different appetizers....
Onion Bahji and Chicken Tikka with a mint/ coriander/ coconut dipping sauce.

We shared the 3 different entrées and all three were delicious, with varying degrees of heat. ( request mild-hot at time of ordering). Many other dishes available

Cannot say enough good about this place. Yumm

2  Thank Sarah V
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

We stopped by Royal Haveli for lunch while traveling from GTA. Had ordered palak paneer and chicken curry. Both the dishes were great! Ekdum sadi dilli da swad :). Most authentic north indian food. Apart from that, Rick was an awesome host. Highly recommended if you want to try true North Indian Cuisine.

2  Thank SNinGTA
Reviewed 16 May 2018

We were feeling lazy and decided to take a night in and have dinner on the rooftop of Royal Haveli (since we were staying in the hotel, which is also lovely). Fantastic decision! Since it was the slow season we were the only ones in the restaurant, and had the full attention of our chef. We asked for some recommendations and got a superb paneer butter masala and mixed vegetables. Everything was fresh, and bargain priced.

We also had time to ask our chef about his background, family and farm, and he was kind enough to chat for a good portion of our meal (although he wouldn't sit down - maintaining that atmosphere of hospitality even if we were very comfortable relaxing with him).

Great view of the city and fort to boot.

We will definitely go back if we return to Jaisalmer!

1  Thank Andrew H