“Perfect for a quick lunch”
Review of Gourmet Diem

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Gourmet Diem
Ranked #88 of 203 Restaurants in Belleville
Description: Gourmet Diem is a locally owned cafe, specialty food and kitchenwares store located in downtown Belleville, Ontario. We sell coffee, lattes, frappe, tea, smoothies and light lunches (soups, sandwiches, salads and sweets). We also have a great selection of domestic, imported locally sourced cheeses, locally sourced deli meats as well as a variety of other fine quality foods.
Reviewed 11 October 2016

Soups, sandwiches and service are all very good. This small restaurant is great for people who are in a hurry.

Reviewed 17 December 2015

This is a great place. It's a café where you can get a terrific coffee with excellent cookies, muffins or sandwiches. It's a deli with some unusual and delicious cheeses and meats. It's also a store with all sorts of goodies. It is a real treasure; I hope Belleville residents will make it the huge success it deserves to be.

Reviewed 17 September 2015

We came upon Gourmet Diem more or less by accident as we had been thinking of heading to another lunch spot further up the street. However, the name intrigued us, peering through the window the place looked interesting, so we headed in. It is furnished in a fairly spare style with nice art work on the wall and shelves of interesting food related tools and ingredients for sale. We went up to the counter to place our order and to be honest my first reaction was that the menu was rather limited. There is a home-made soup, a couple of salads, I think six varieties of sandwich and doubtless some things I have forgotten. We both went for the ham, brie and cranberry sandwich, with a side Caesar salad. Everything is made to order and it was excellent. The sandwich was made of a baguette style bread that was, I think, given a sort of toasting treatment in one of those press machines. The Caesar salad dressing was nice and light as compared to the rather thick versions you usually find, and had a generous sprinkling of crispy bacon. The latte and cappuccino were excellent, and we ended with an apple and something scone. This before I had realized that there were, I think, four varieties of water ice available made, we were assured, by an expert. The only reason I have not given an Excellent rating is that the menu choices are fairly limited. Probably sensibly as the café seems to be a bit of a one man band.