“Don't go there”

Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 212 Restaurants in Belleville
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

This is one of the worst Swiss Chalet that we ever visited. Cannot complain about the service but the food was terrible!

My wife and I both ordered the 1/4 chicken (dark meat).

The meat portion was so small that I could have finished it in 30 seconds.

I ordered mash potatoes as side dish. Big mistake. It was obviously "instant" mash potatoes.

The gravy the came with it tasted so artificial and salty!

There's not enough competition in the chicken restaurant business...

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We have been to other Swiss chalets in other cities but l think this one is as good as they come. I have never been disappointed, they are always consistently good.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

We were there on Saturday night around 7:30 and for some reason there was nobody at the front to bring us to our seat. We waited 10 minutes. I finally looked around the back and the girl was chatting with the other servers and finally came to seat us. It was the same for the next 10 customers - they all had to wait. This restaurant needs to have someone there at all times so people do not have to wait. And the worst part, she didn't apologize for keeping us waiting.! The chicken was cold and the sauce was microwaved to make up for it.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I took my Grandson here for supper at 5:30pm for supper. We waited 15 minutes before being seated. I counted at least 10 clean empty tables as we were taken to our table. I asked our waitress why there was such a long wait She rolled her eyes and said the manager was short on waitresses and did not want to hire more people. Our waitress was clearly unhappy and the service was very poor. I would not recommend eating here.

Reviewed 26 July 2018

Swiss Chalet has always served delicious chicken along with great fries and sauce - no doubt of that. However they are promoting a limited time offering of "Crispy Chicken" so instead of sticking to what we like best and what they do best - we opted to try one of the specials featuring "crispy chicken". It states that it is freshly made but there is no way this chicken had just been cooked...and even worse - it looked like it had been sitting under a heat lamp for ages...it was not "deliciously crispy and golden brown" as advertised but in fact was dark brown and quite dry. Our waitress asked how everything was - so we politely told her our opinion - wow was she ever indifferent....said brusquely said she would change our meals to something else but we said we ordered it and we would eat it...and in fact it was edible..just not "crispy chicken" ..and not up to Swiss Chalet standards...sure did not look at all like the pictures featured in the menu...but we did ask her to advise management that it was not even close to the standards this chain usually enjoys. She rather 'humphed' at us...and her surprising reply was - well, if you won't let me change your meals, I can't do anything about it. We would never order it again but all we wanted was her to eventually pass it along to the kitchen or management that we had not found it to be as advertised....not inedible..just not what it should have been...or what it was touted to be! Her attitude was almost worse than the chicken. Kentucky Fried Chicken has nothing to worry about when it comes to "crispy fried chicken" that's for sure. Swiss Chalet should stick to what they do best.