“LOTS of Food...for a reasonable price”

Northway Restaurant
Ranked #26 of 199 Restaurants in Belleville
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Greek, Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 December 2015

Northway is a Belleville standby. Lunchtime is usually quite busy, but the staff manage the traffic quite well. They have a luncheon special each day for around $10 that consists of soup or salad, main meal (pork tenderloin/lemon chicken/meatloaf with potatoes and vegetable) and dessert. If you are hungry or want lunch to be your main meal of the day..this is ideal. Their turkey sandwiches are great, if you are looking for a lighter meal. It's real turkey...not processed and the sandwich comes with fries or salad. Great choice for a smaller appetite.

Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

Not a good week for breakfast places in Belleville. (See my other reviews), came here with my son for breakfast. Place was packed, (a lot of seniors getting the special), short wait, no issue. My son had the kids pancakes, they were pancakes and he's 9, and will eat anything, so nothing to report there. I had the western omelet. Two small pieces of green pepper, like the size of a pea, one sliver of onion and one small piece of ham. Home fries that looked and tasted horrible, and 1 cup of average coffee, (refills???). Bare bones. No toast, they charge if you want peanut butter. Not what I think of when you think diner fare, especially for a place that was a great breakfast location for years. Obviously costs are going up and it is reflected in the food. No extras like orange slices, garnishes, food with flavour, chipped plates and rather pricey... Belleville is turning into a wasteland of bad breakfast restaurants... I guess there is always Denny's.

Reviewed 14 November 2015

We usually have breakfast at the Northway about once a month.
Our usual server (Doreen) will get us a table as soon as she spots us. After pouring us our coffee or tea, she checks to see if we want our usual meals. I always have the Northway special (3 eggs, sausage, home fries (the best - with garlic!) and toast, coffee included.
My wife varies her meal, but she has recently switched to a mushroom omelette which she claims is the BEST she's had in any restaurant.

Reviewed 29 September 2015

Just had the most delicious lunch at this mainstay in the Belleville region. There were 5 of us and we had a huge booth with some privacy to enjoy our precious family time together. The food and service was outstanding. We had Bruschetta and Deep Fried Pickles as a starter and 4 of us got Bacon Burgers with Cheese which comes with fries and really good coleslaw. I had the lunch special - Club Sandwich which had the most delicious white meat turkey, crisp bacon, lettuce, tomato and a bit of tangy mayo. It also came with fries, coleslaw and came with soup which was cream of potato and bacon. Everything was outstanding. The food was hot, fresh and delicious. Portions are quite large. My sister took some home in a "to go" box. I had a 9hr work shift ahead without break and still felt satisfied at the end of the work shift! I can't wait to return to this restaurant and highly recommend. It isn't too fancy looking inside but the servers and the food are definitely worth it! Also the price is right! Good value.

Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

This is a strip mall restaurant but we were all pleasantly surprised and enjoyed our lunch. The menu was varied with many selections, even breakfast is available all day for a small additional charge. The waitress was very friendly and the food prepared in good time. The portions were more than generous and each of us commented how good it was. I had the Montreal smoked meat on rye with Caesar and would have the same again. The restrooms were in need of some repair but that is the only negative I could see.