“Excellent food in this sushi restaurant”

Aji Sai Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 199 Restaurants in Belleville
Price range: US$13 - US$21
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Japanese
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Very friendly staff, quick service. I like the feature of ordering with an I-pad supplied with each table. Prices are reasonable and the food is delicious.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

Stopped there for a work lunch and didn't know what to expect. It was easy to order, servers were friendly and the food was very fresh. Would certainly eat there again ... although we were in a bit of a rush, would have like to explore the menu options a little more.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

haha. all you can say about this place.
waitresses had no clue what they were doing and barely knew any english. our order was not sent through even though we called the waitress and manager to the table. waited forever for this reason then they finally came over and sent it. when we went to order again it again never came out. called waitress over tried to tell her no one sent it through, because she was new and had no clue what she was doing it again did not get sent through, manager came over said it was sent. we waited and waited. the girl said to the manager that no other order was sent in after we waited 20 minutes. we cancelled the order and left.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

An impromptu lunch stop (I was travelling alone, and the clock hit 1:00) turned into one of the best Oriental meals I have ever had. Wonton Soup, Calamari, & Vegetable Tempura, washed down by a vast pot of green tea were all up in the 99th percentile. My server helped me through my (first ever!) experience with ordering from a computer menu. All the staff were uniformly cordial and helpful to this 85-year-old who loves Japanese food but had never tried to get it from a table-top electronic device. These people understand food -- AND hospitality! I shall be back there with my wife next week, and often thereafter.

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

We eat here quite frequently and normally don't have any issues. We prefer it to dragon rolls now that the restaurant has been updated. I find the food is fresher and less fried(and you don't smell like deep fried food when you leave).

My only complaint (this has only happened a few times) is when it starts to get busier or the place is almost full, our orders seem to get lost. Some of the food shows up initially and then by the second order it doesn't. Last week we ordered a few things, after 15 mins it didn't show up, ordered again and nothing. At this point we ordered a third time and finally got only one of the items we initially ordered 50 mins prior. We've noticed this only happens when the restaurant is extremely busy.