“Not the first visit, but potentially the last visit. Sad”

Kelsey's Neighborhood Bar & Grill
Ranked #132 of 199 Restaurants in Belleville
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoy one of Canada's original roadhouse restaurants, with Canadian favourites like double stacked burgers and unforgettable chicken wings. At Kelsey's the beer is always cold and a game is always on.
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Kelsey's has been here for 26 years. I have been there more times that I can count. From what I learnt, the franchise has been sold. The end of April (a little more that 2 months from now) will be closed. I am sad to see it go, I also hope that the new owner offers jobs to the current servers. It is the right thing to do. Good times, good laugh, lots of birthdays. Very, very sad to see it go.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

This restaurant is closing in the spring and Kelseys's will reopen in a new location in Belleville. I really hope the staff are ported over to the new place.

I had the Under the Sea Fry-Up which is a very generous portion as it is meant to be a sharing plate, together with a small salad. They balsamic dressing is delicious btw. A had the fish and chips, again a very large portion, proper batter not a mock batter bread -type coating and the chips were excellent. Love the fact they offer malt vinegar. The prices are very reasonable too.

The only, tiny, criticism is that unless I missed it, I didn't see side/appetiser salads on the menu. Having said that they were immediately offered when we asked.

Reviewed 31 October 2016

We attended this restaurant for a couple drinks with family...and to grab a few appetizers only. It was not a busy night here, and service proved to be good. The beers on tap are the same as any other Kelsey's...which is slightly limited. All-in-all it was good; which is why this was a return visit here.

Reviewed 22 October 2016

Not served my beer in a timely manner when my wife was. Waited 30 min. for a burger or more it was time to leave this non busy place. Cooks were loud in the back. We got up and paid for our drinks and I was told to be quiet in a patronizing way by another waitress!
This place was cold, damp and raining outside and the gas fireplace was not going to add to a miserable experience.
Kelsey's has really gone down hill since being sold awhile back. Avoid it like the plague!

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Their menu has changed -- I love their Sonoma salad with popcorn shrimp - no more shrimp or salmon, just grilled chicken. The waitress was great and pointed out that if the shrimp was still on the menu, I could substitute the chicken for it....and voila it was - that made me very happy. Waitress was wonderful - attentive and efficient.