“Croissants to Die For”

Ranked #12 of 199 Restaurants in Belleville
Price range: US$0 - US$16
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A beautiful French Bistro located in downtown Belleville. Serving up deliciously crafted, French inspired lunches, dinners, and pastries. The Bistro also offers a selection of imported European gourmet culinary products and a beautifully displayed Cheese Shop. Just South of the 401, and just North of picturesque Prince Edward County.
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Jean Marc & Sheranda offer fine French breads, croissants, bakery specialties, cheeses and special French cuisine dinners. There are line-ups every Saturday morning, as folks wait to purchase their baked goods. Get there early - its so popular, things sell quickly.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Went here for breakfast and because of a recommendation about their croissants...baked fresh on Saturday mornings. The smell when you walk in the door was wonderful: coffee and fresh baked goods. Lattes were large, hot, creamy and delicious. Breakfast sandwiches very tasty and the croissants lived up to expectations wonderfully. Service was efficient and friendly (order at the counter but food and drinks come to your table). Nice mix of people in the clientele, close to the interesting shops of DT Belleville.

Reviewed 27 August 2017

My companions and I arrived shortly before 9 a.m. on Saturday because we had been warned that we needed to arrive before L'Auberge opened at 9 if we wanted to find seats on a Saturday morning, and we're glad we did!

A humongous line quickly formed at the counter while we found a table. Most of the tables at the back of the bakery were reserved for a local community group that meets at that time every Saturday, leaving only the tables at the front available. Once we had our table we joined the line which moved very quickly.

We ordered a couple of pain au chocolat, a raisin roll, an egg, cheese and bacon on a croissant, a couple of coffees and a cafe au lait, all of which were brought to us at the table. Everything was absolutely top notch and delicious!

Along with our breakfast choices I saw butter croissants, almond croissants, and biscuits, as well as various pastries and breads (French Baguette, Country loaf, Semolina Loaf, Rye loaf, Pain d’antan, Organic 9 grain) plus various kinds of quiche and sandwiches in the display refrigerator.

L'Auberge is now a Go-To destination for wonderful coffee and french pastry treats whenever I'm in Belleville. I wish I had a bakery as good as L'Auberge in my neighbourhood.

Highly recommended!

Reviewed 27 July 2017

After living in Belleville for almost 5 years, I finally went on a Saturday morning to be part of this croissant experience that I had heard people raving about. There was a small lineup but at 9 am sharp, the doors opened and we were served quickly. We left with 3 almond croissants (and a raisin roll) to take home and enjoy on our patio. These are just like the ones we had in France but with WAY more almond filling! Amazing! My husband has a real sweet tooth and I've never seen him unable to finish a pastry, but it was close this time. Very rich. You could share one between two people.
I have also eaten lunch here several times. The food is always great; service is too. Belleville is fortunate to have this lovely French restaurant -- truly a gem. Probably my favourite spot for lunch in Belleville.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

This is a must for all who want to experience a small taste of France without leaving home! We found this small bistro-restaurant to be the best thing for anyone to experience genuine French cuisine outside of France. Everything is prepared fresh on site and simply hits all the notes on your pallet. It is a must for you to visit and experience!!