“Yummy birthday dinner”

Nineteen (XIX) Restaurant
Ranked #88 of 197 Restaurants in Belleville
Description: We are a casual fine dining restaurant. We offer everything from in house smoked ribs to braised lamb. One of Quinte's largest wine selection, craft beer and a great place to book for events. No dress code required, come by for a drink or great coffee. Experience one of the best patios in the Quinte region.
Reviewed 4 January 2017

We wanted to go someplace nice for my birthday and we were not disappointed. Atmosphere was nice although I found the lighting ...weird. It wasn't quite dark but not really bright either and I had a hard time focusing. Could have been that we were inn a corner but a pot light above the table would have been grand.

Hubby and I shared the Pear and Rocket salad and the Wild mushrooms on toast. both were good.

We both had the tenderloin as our entree and were not disappointed. The meat was tender and flavourful and the potato dauphinoise was awesome.

Beer selection on tap was lacking as was the wine list. There are tonnes of fantastic wineries in the county but they seemed to feature only one. Went with something imported that clearly had been open for some time as it was off.

The Sticky toffee for desert was fantastic but wish I'd been warned that it was heated as I am now nursing a nice blister on my tongue.

We are hoping to try the sunday brunch soon.

2  Thank BooMcq
There are newer reviews for Nineteen (XIX) Restaurant

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

We had a reservation but it was not that busy for Thursday before x mas. Drinks came quickly. Between appetizers to end of meal is about 2 hrs. Don't be in a rush relax and enjoy. Chris the cheff did a excellent job. Presentation, and temps were bang on. Norm made sure everything was being attended to and was helping and checking on our table.
Asked to see the kitchen and it is spotless. Very limited cooking equipment n space. This might be a issue if very busy. Can't wait to return. Both of our servers were very helpful and joyfull. There were 15 of us for dinner.

1  Thank Craig M
Chris H, Manager at Nineteen (XIX) Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2016

Ty Craig M for your review, hope to see you again soon :)

Team@Nineteen

Reviewed 22 December 2016

5 of us ate lunch there last week. atmosphere was nice, food was okay. But it took 2 hours from the time we arrived to the time we left. Staff was unorganized and no apologies for the length of time. No reduction of the bill or a free desert to compensate. Our lunch was simple items, soup and sandwiches nothing that would take much time or effort. ruined the meal because we where all starved and kept everyone focusing on when we would get service and food instead of enjoying the surroundings. This restaurant has a long way to go. Don't go unless you have nothing to do all afternoon.

3  Thank John M
Reviewed 19 December 2016

I just love pasta and this was one of my favorite restaurant experience! The food was perfectly prepared and my dinner companion and I had a lovely and relaxing time. Can't wait to eat here again!

1  Thank Veronique L
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

First impression of the restaurant was nice, small but very well utilized. We reserved a table for five and were seated on time. The waitress was pleasant however as the meal progressed continually made mistakes and failed to own up to them or acknowledge our disappointment. We each ordered an appetizer and when she delivered them only came with four in hand. When we informed her we were missing one she very rudely exclaimed she couldn't have missed one and was proven wrong upon checking her notepad. When she brought the missing soup out it was cold. We received 2/5 main courses 30 minutes before the remaining dishes were served and the two identical pastas looked nothing alike, you could tell it was extremely rushed, haphazard and inconsistent. The entire meal took two hours start to finish and was an incredibly long wait to be served. We will not be returning.

Chris H, Manager at Nineteen (XIX) Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

Hi ckin7, I sincerely apologize for your bad dining experience at Nineteen. I remember this night to be poorly executed on all fronts of the food and service. We are still in the process of refining everything to prevent this happening again and I personally take your bad experience very seriously. I would be very much like to apologize in person and make you an offer to perhaps change your mind and visit us once again.

Once again, apologies from the team@nineteen.