“Dissappointed.”

Golden Griddle
Ranked #243 of 550 Restaurants in Barrie
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Golden Griddle Family Restaurants was established in 1964 and has locations throughout the province of Ontario. We are a chain of casual family restaurants, serving homestyle meals at any time of the day. Famous for the excellent quality of our food, our hospitality and our affordable prices. Whether you visit for breakfast, lunch, dinner or just a snack we do our best to put a smile on your face. What we believe in at Golden Griddle Family Restaurant is offering our customers a warm, welcoming, family-friendly atmosphere, in addition to our delicious all day breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus. No matter what your favorite breakfast item is, you will find it prepared hot, fresh, and delicious on our extensive menu, or served in our piping hot breakfast buffet. Golden Griddle Your Assurance of Quality Since 1964. When it comes to customer service, the customer always comes first at Golden Griddle Family Restaurant. Located inside Kozlov Mall.
Reviewed 28 November 2016

I was at the mall on Sunday morning waiting for a store to open so me and my wife decided to duck in and grab a bite to eat. However it didn't take long for us to regret it. The service is mediocre the server came by a total of two times once to ask if we wanted coffee and buffet. The second was to ask if we wanted more coffee. The coffee was just awful it tasted like it been on the pot the whole morning. The food was decent it's not that hard to mess up eggs and bacon. However when it came time to pay we discovered how grossly over priced they were, forty dollars for two plates and two coffee.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Went for dinner during the week. Not busy. Only one waitress but she was very good and was keeping herself busy serving, cleaning and doing cash. Food came fast and hot. No complaints. Would definitely return!

Reviewed 20 April 2016

We stopped in Barrie after a 4 hour drive and while planning to grab a drive-thru lunch, we spotted Sunset Grill and figured to give it a try as it stood apart from the usual collection of fast foods - which to be fair - fast food is not what the Sunset Grill is about at all, it simply shares it's location with several of that ilk.

We were pleasantly greeted and seated and after a 4 hour road trip we both headed to the washroom... the floor was wet, garbage can was overflowing and the head was for any establishment - never mind a restaurant... completely and utterly disgusting!

On returning to our seats I noticed a crew member head into the washroom with cleaning materials and thought 'OK, no biggie we just caught the wrong end of the cleaning schedule...'

We ordered 2 burger meals, both were very nicely cooked, fresh to order and nicely plated - great visual appeal achieved by the chef! Our waiter however was completely indifferent to our being there was an inattentive as a waiter could be and the 2nd (tiny) cup of Joe had to be asked and waited for...

Before heading on down the 400 we visited the washroom again and to my horror, the wet floor was untouched, the waste paper towels had been simply squished into the already full garbage can and the diarrhea splattered head (sorry for the gross visual) remained untouched after the earlier visit of the crew member.

In summary 10 out of 10 for the food and presentation, 2 out of 10 for service and 0 out of 10 for washroom cleanliness.

If management ever gets to read this - you really need to address your employees response to washroom care - which I guess is an add-on duty they would rather not be tasked with but equally to leave it as it was on Friday (April 15 2016) demonstrates a very poor regard for completing an assigned task and no regard for the customers who ultimately pay their wage!

2  Thank BenjaminD1102
Reviewed 24 February 2016

I used to come here as a kid with my parents as an obligatory stop. Not sure why, as the food is mediocre at best but it's still the same old place it always was. If you go, go for the breakfast buffet only.

Reviewed 10 January 2016

We moved today so were out for dinner on a busy Saturday evening but it was early (445 p) First popular spot we stopped had a line up with 30 mins. wait or more so we moved on. Had a particular spot in mind but as I was driving there, I noticed the sign for the Golden Griddle and asked wifey "wanna give it a try?" Sure says she so in we go. The place is virtually empty which is not a good sign but we persevered and took a table. The meatloaf looked like just the right comfort food for me and I was hungry. I asked the waitress about the serving size and she sort of undersold it so I asked for a second piece and would pay the difference. Dinner came and I thought, by the look of it, that my "extra piece" was already on the plate and looking good...then she brought out the second piece on its own plate! Guess what I brought home. The meatloaf was delicious. I had fries and corn with it and a piece of garlic toast. Toast, yummy, fries, good, corn, not Green Giant but edible. Wife had a burger and was not impressed but then we are used to eating at "The Works" when it comes to burgers so its not a fair comparison. With coffee and a senior's discount and tax and tip, $34.00. I will return for the meatloaf but will try other things. Good choice to try it out.

Been to Golden Griddle? Share your experiences!