All reviews would stay again lots of parking coffee maker one night stay hot breakfast
Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

We called and booked a room last minute in the night because we were driving home to Burlington and got very tired at the wheel so wanted to be safe. We were happy to get the room and pulled off the highway, got our stuff in order and went in. They looked surprised to see us and said they were full. They asked for the number we called to book it so they could call and “get mad at them”. This process took about a half hour and then they couldn’t help us and so back on the road we went to try to get home because they also told us that all the rooms in Barrie were booked. Bad experience.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cindy L
Reviewed 8 September 2018

Located on Bayfield right off highway 400 makes it easy access to shopping and food. Our room had most of the things you might need, such as,
1.microwave, 2. Fridge 3. Coffee maker 4. Room safe 5. Iron 6. Hair blower 7. Free Wifi 8.Free parking and 9. Free breakfast and 10. A great low price.
Now for the bad news. 1. No elevator for 3 floors. 2. Very noisy air conditioner 3. Only one soap
4. Poor WiFi reception at least in room 303 and 5. the breakfast was over at 9am which is a basic coffee, juice, toast with scrambled eggs and sausage.
My rating is 3 stars for the location and quiet place but I recommend the hotel to add a simple thermometer so clients can see what the room temperature is. Also a small night light in the washroom would be appreciated. You’re welcome.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

When I first visited this hotel, I experienced minor inconveniences. The room I checked into had flies and it had a strong odor of cigarettes(I understand the room was a smoking room but the smell was so overpowering it was hard to stay in the room) . When we brought this issue to the hotel management’s attention, they dealt with it very professionally and changed rooms for us. I was content with their warm hospitality which is why I decided to come back for the second time, but I feel like I shouldn’t have. The room was clean this time but we were located near loud and high neighbors. They had atleast 10 people in their room (I’m not sure how that’s allowed) and kept me up all night with their loud music and talking. I stepped out my room and was repulsed by the sight of a chicken wing out on the hallway. I was unable to get proper sleep which is why I requested Ms.Lucas at the front desk at 9 am if I could have a late checkout and she said no. She was very rude and inconsiderate (not because she said no to the late checkout, but just her tone). I was very disappointed with the hospitality and felt like travelodge let me down. I would not come back again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We got this room in the middle of the snow storm. The staff was great helping us to settle, room was clean, good firm bed and comfortable. Our room was facing south to the forest, it was very quiet. The hot breakfast was good, and good fruits.
It was a good one night stay.

Room tip: Rooms facing south t the forest is more quiet, in D section.
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2018

This hotel is perfectly situated at a major highway intersection, but quiet and very comfortable.. The only drawback is the lack of an elevator even if it was just to take heavy suitcases to the upper floor from the lobby. We have knee and hip replacement issues making it difficult to climb stairs with or without heavy suitcases.. Luckily we had help from staff and other guests.. It was very much appreciated to have a free breakfast consisting of boiled eggs, cereal, pancakes, toast, muffins, coffee, etc.. and unfortunately, VERY DRY HARD (LIKE BACON), sausage patties, extremely overcooked , almost to the point of being sausage jerky.. along with very dry, overcooked cheese omelets. The taste was bearable, but the hardness and dryness took away the pleasure..

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel