All reviews hot tub was nice yogurt hot breakfast lots of parking barrie area fridge and microwave fixtures hwy
Reviewed 5 June 2016 via mobile

First of hotel was ok, room was clean, pool was nice and the breakfast in the morning was great, the staff serving the breakfast was very sweet and helpful, it was packed but great. Staff upon check in was lovely and patient. This is where the story takes a turn for the worse. I was staying with a friend of mine and my very tired two year old, there were a lot of people drinking and partying however they weren't too loud at bedtime and we were able to get some sleep. Some idiot drunk person decided to pull
The fire alarm at 2:40am and since we were on the 2nd floor and it wasn't going off we thought better safe than sorry and took my half asleep two year old out into the rain. The lobby and front were filled with drunk patrons and a very intoxicated woman began bothering my little one despite her friends telling her to leave us alone then she got into a fight with another drunk patron who swore in front of us so we had to run back into the hotel with the alarms still ringing in order to not be caught in a fight between two people over my child. Manager said there was no fire and to go back to our room. This is where it gets scary. The deadbolts on the door don't work which made us leery, ffwd 3 minutes and some horribly drunk 6 foot tall man proceeds to bang on our door, I yelled through the door for him to leave and he went across the hall and banged on their door. He then proceeded to come back to our door and start body slamming it trying to get into our room and I again yelled at him to go away and throughout all this my two year old is crying because he's scared. My friend opened the door and told him to leave so he again went across the hall and this time managed to push his way into the room and the guests had to push him out of their room. He then came back to our room and again tried to gain entry. We finally were able to get a hold of front desk who were able to resolve the situation but not even 5 minutes later another drunk guy starts banging on doors again. He managed into his room and we fell asleep around 4:30 am. Not pleasant and actually a very nerve wracking situation. Upon check out the manager offered me a discount off my room after I politely explained to her what happened with the other guests (fire alarm not their fault) and I appreciated the generosity. Would
I stay here again? Possibly, but perhaps they should organize the rooms a bit better when they get their bookings that say they have children so at least there can be a quieter spot?

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Travelbug2581
Reviewed 29 May 2016 via mobile

Wow its pretty sad when you bring your family out of town we got a room here after coming from north bay we reserved the room was told there would be a playpen for are child to sleep in and as we got here there was none and stuff said they had none and gave us blinks to have are little girl sleep on a pull out bed which its not to safe went to have breakfast at 9:30 and there was no food left when asking stuff how they would expect a family from out of town to be up at 630 to 930 to have something to eat and was told by stuff to bad we closed it at 930 it was 935 we I asked the stuff the lady basically embarrassed me as she ccentred me out in front of all the people sitting enjoying there food in which people had there plates full and at least 10 people wow not worth $ 130.00 to be treated that way most of the places we have stayed at run there breakfast till 10 or 1030

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2016

I have never had to leave such an awful review, but this hotel is really disgusting. The smell in our room was sickening. When I got home, I put all of our clothes in the washer. The smell was like the worst body odor you can imagine. They were trying to cover it up by using a spray or something, which just made it worse. You could literally smell it coming off the carpet. If we had not arrived so late at night, we would have left and went to another hotel. We slept with towels lining the bed.

Room tip: Seriously choose a different hotel or you will be very disappointed, and smelly!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank iuvfood2
John T, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2016

Hello All,
I have conducted an internal investigation and can not find any proof of this guest staying at the Quality Inn Barrie. I have also conducted an "odour" investigation as well and we have determined no "gross" odours at our establshment. We have also determined this to be a review Posted to wrong location/false review but as always Tripadvisor doesnt ask guests to actually prove they stayed at any hotel.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 May 2016

Booked through hotwire and stayed over night. For the price I was satisfied with the hotel. Everything in the room was new and the TV was large. Based on the walls/carpet the hotel was a bit older but for over night can't complain. Bathroom was brand new and bed was comfortable. Staff was very nice upon check in. Stayed on a weekday so it seemed to be many people just staying over for trade work so everyone was in bed early it seems.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank Darren K
Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

Had to take a room at the quality inn due to a last minute plan. Owners should review the definition of "quality". Everything in the room is cheap and feels grimy. I'm not sure what the hotels rated #18 and #19 have done, but this one definitely deserves to be at the bottom of the list.

Trip type: Travelled on business