All reviews royal oak inn front desk hot tub breakfast room off the highway hot breakfast waffles easy access a great stay sausage comfortable beds the hotel is clean close to downtown parking lot hockey team arlene bw
Reviewed 12 November 2016

We needed an inexpensive room for the night - since the BW Royal Oak advertised 'renovated rooms' we chose to stay here. The bathroom was updated, but there were unfinished dry wall holes - had been polyfilled but not painted. The room was spacious enough and the 'headboards' looked new but the wall paper was old, scuffed, ripping, and marked in numerous places. The bed was mediocre at best - definitely not new. When I turned the bed down I wasn't sure it had been changed. The bottom sheet was super wrinkled....But apart from all these small things, the entire hotel wreaks of disinfectant - the lobby, the hallways and our room. For someone with asthma, this pervasive smell made it really hard to breath. I had to use my inhaler. If we ever have reason to be in Barrie again, we would not come back here.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Watlog
HIEXBarrieAdmin, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Barrie, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

Thank you Watlog for taking your time to review the hotel property.
We are renovated the rooms and everything will be completed in 2017. We have some more work to do but looking forward to the completed renovations.
The Best Western Royal Oak Inn appreciates you taking the time to review the hotel and we look forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 November 2016

when we go to the Georgian downs casino we stay overnight at the bw in barrie on sunday afternoon we dicided to go to the casino at I booked the bw for a night on sunday july 03 2016 we paid $125.00 tax included which was the normal price we paid for a night . when we go on a multi trip I book with the bw international we went on a casino trip in southern Ontario to fergus walkerton sarnia and final barrie all the prices were acceptable except barrio for Thursday night august 4 2016 at the bw in barrie the price was over $205.00 tax included an increase of over $80.00 or 64% I refused to pay that ripoff price and booked instead with the monti carlo hotel which was next door to the bw at a price for the night of $125.00 tax included that was the last time I will book with the bw in barrie even if it is a good hotel and we enjoyed the nights we stayed at the bw barrie be careful about being ripped off when you book a room

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank william f

Thank you so much William F for your comments. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel property.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

Business trip, late check in, easy process. Room décor was updated/new. Bed was comfy. Met all expectations. Main floor room with patio door was great to transfer luggage to and from the car. Overall the hotel was fine. Did not use the pool. Breakfast was hot, pretty much same as one might expect. Fresh hot coffee and cold juice.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Joanna Mary Mrs S
BWBarrie, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Barrie, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Thank you Joanna Mary Mrs. S for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay.

Looking forward to having you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

My stay at the Best Western Royal Oak in Barrie Ontario was a very very good experience. The staff was very polite, courteous and very helpful. I was having trouble with my iPhone and Arlene the lady at the Front Desk helped me above and beyond, the problem was fixed. I was so happy and relieved, I can't sing her praise enough. I have "never" had such a great experience at any other place I've ever stayed at.
I will definitely recommend this Motel to all of my Family and Friends.
Sincerely;
Linda Wilkinson
Sault Ste Marie, Ontario

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Linda W
BWBarrie, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Barrie, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2016

Linda W, your review of the Best Western Royal Oak Inn thrills me. I am so pleased our staff were able to make your stay memorable. We are very lucky to have such an amazing team at the Best Western, and I will be sure to pass this message along.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay, and for letting future guests know what they can expect when they arrive at the Best Western in Barrie, Ontario.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

The overall hotel and room was clean, staff was great. Location is close to everything. Breakfast was good, had everything you could want. Didn't use the gym or pool but it looked ok. Rooms are large enough to accommodate 4 people and the shopping bags :)

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank LISE G

Thank you LISE G, it is great to hear that everything went well during your visit to Barrie.

We are so pleased you took the time to review our property. It means a lot and it shows our staff that we are headed in the right direction.

Amanda Director of Sales & Marketing