“Ok restaurant”

Ranked #390 of 570 Restaurants in Barrie
Price range: US$8 - US$33
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Scarpaccio is a simplistic approach to Mediterranean/ Italian and International cuisine without all the fuss. Good simple food lower than many of Barrie restaurant prices. We are open 7 days a week.365 A year, Located in the Monte Carlo Inn, Barrie. We offer breakfast, Lunch, Dinner alla carte service , as well as accomadate groups Conferences, Weddings, Divorce Parties, functions, anniversaries, divorce parties, Christmas events, Meeting and Banquet facilities to meet your needs Scarpaccio is operated by C and T Catering Owned by Chris Buurs and Terry McNaughton.
Reviewed 14 August 2017

Too small for breakfast time.....have to wait awhile for a table.
Pretty empty at dinne time.
Food ok but nothing to write home about at dinner.

Chris B, Owner at Scarpaccio Ristorante Grill & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2017

Unfortunately we do not have control over the size of the dining room. Breakfast of course so crazy busy because everyone loves to enjoy their free complimentary breakfast . however again we have no control over when guests come down and how long they stay and or how many people are in a room so a hotel that has 82 rooms the restaurants seats 65. a few more if you want to include the bar stools and if you have 2 people taking a table with 4- 6 chairs well yes seating them gets more limited , some of those factors are out of our control. Fyi many full service hotels like the holiday inn in Barrie and the 4 points by Sheraton which are also full service do not offer free continental breakfast and their breakfasts start at $10.99 and the Holiday inn breakfast buffet is 14-16.00 if I remember the last time we had checked . As for dinner again we are not in a main stream business downtown area so much of the dinner business is from in house and from a few neighbouring hotels, a few factors to consider are the type of customers that stay in the hotel, hotel Occupancy etc.. with summer more people are out and about enjoying the day and or their family vacation and this is normal in this industry. we do have a very all purpose menu, which carries a variety of items and that of which is much larger than that of the holiday inn which is 2x the size , and the Sheratons. In this industry standards if many hotels would do 10% of its hotel guest in the dining room we usually are about 15% and do another 5-9% room service . Thank you again for your comments. perhaps when you were in the hotel

Reviewed 21 July 2017

This is a group from our condo who eat dinner out once a month. Chose this as I was at a banquet downstairs end of April and the food and service were top notch! The group loved it as no music playing, nice set-up and great to be able to talk to each other. Barrielicious menu was super: choice of 3 appetizers / 3 main entrees / 2 desserts. Everyone was extremely pleased with the food and service. Will probably book our Christmas dinner there as we loved the location, atmosphere and lots of free parking.

Chris B, Owner at Scarpaccio Ristorante Grill & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

It was our pleasure , we hope to see you and your group again sometime.

Reviewed 25 June 2017

This hotel is clean and the customer service was real good!!! But stay away from the restaurant Scarpaccio they are liars!!! I was there June 20, 2017 my husband and I decided to just grab a bite to eat as we had a long day!! So the waitress comes over friendly enough and asked if we need to see menus and what we wanted to drink!! I asked her to see wine list she abruptly says tell what kind and I will tell you what we have by the glass I asked for Pinot Grigio and she bolts not giving me the chance to say I want a bottle so never knew what brand I got but it was good!!! She comes back for the food order and goes on and on about the food is all made in house by two great chefs so I was excited as I ordered Breast chicken stuffed with Brocoli and cheddar cheeze served on pilaf rice and asperagus and my husband orders breast chicken wrapped in prosciutto and cheeze!!! Well I get my plate and my face dropped the piece of chicken came from a store bought 2 for 1.99 on special the chef put a white sauce over it and the rice pilaf was not the best the waitress asked is everything ok said yes but after I finished she brings the bill I paid $25 for that silly meal that was suppose to be homemade!!! I asked to talk to the chef or cook but nobody came out so I called their bluff if your gonna serve boxed meals at least lower your price and don't brag it's all made in house!!! We checked the continental breakfast that was already set up for the next day looked very poor too so we went to this place called Andy's Place down the street breakfast was awesome and reasonably priced!!!!

1  Thank _lee_sylvie_wright
Chris B, Manager at Scarpaccio Ristorante Grill & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time . although there are some parts of your Dining Experience you forgotten to explain fully and exaggerated. some of your remarks are very bold , in which we shall seek legal advise whether to proceed on that. however you were given a dining room menu that stated the special that included : soup or salad, Entree with fresh asparagus and rice or potato or fries and dessert feature for a $25.00 deal . ( when broken down it is 6.95 , Entree average of $15.00, and dessert feature priced at $ 8.00 that is a value of approximately$29.95 . , that is a savings to you of $4.95. the fact that you declined to have dessert from this package would not justify a discount in which you argued with the server and restated with the hotel manager the next morning . As for the wine menu yes perhaps the server should have brought over the wine menu however you had explained to her that your husband did not drink in which he had water and that you also said that recently you had medical issues the server was explaining our wines that we have by the glass. FyI the company that we purchased the stuffed Chicken with broccoli and Cheese is a very reliable company and the world would be very blind to think that no kitchen has not ever used a purchased product in their establishment. in fact They distributed to the food service industry first before expanding to the retail market like you can purchase from M&M meats for $4.99 each for a 6-8 oz, un like your quote of 2 for $1.99 in which are smaller 5 oz. portions purchase at your grocery store . Also at no point did you ask to speak to management. also your claims that the breakfast buffet was already set out the night before was incorrect , when in fact the only food item that was out was the cylinders of cereal , and they are enclosed , and the display cases for breakfast buffet and toaster ! the display cases are set up to save time in the mornings for the morning shift that start at 5:15 -5:30 am and that when the food would be tray and placed into them. also the chef who was on that evening had already been in since 5:15 am that morning and was there until 11:30 pm and was scheduled back in the next morning as well . your comments to the hotel manager stating that the server was rude, but you left a $16.00 tip on a $60 bill. also you forgot that you thought that the meal was only worth $12.99 . I would never go out and act like that especially when the server came and asked how was every thing and your response was yes ! it would have been at that point that it is your responsibility as a guest to complain and give us the opportunity for you to order something else. but you declined instead to write on here. Even the next morning you did not even come into the restaurant as It was myself working the restaurant . but decided to write to discuss with the manager of hotel and write to head office. well there is always 2 sides to every story .

Reviewed 4 December 2016

We ate dinner there when we stayed for the night. I had the sesame chicken with rice pilaf and mixed veg. The chicken was way too salty, the rice was lumpy. The veg was good. Draft beer was 7.50 a glass. A little steep in my opinion. It just wasn't a great meal. And breakfast the following morning was the "continental" included. It was awful. Couldn't drink the coffee or eat the toast. Really unpleasant. We won't eat there again.

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

Thought we would give them a second chance after a terrible experience 2 years ago. BIG MISTAKE! Worse than the first time even. STRONGLY recommend eating anywhere but here. Take our word for it, you will be happy you avoided this poor excuse for a restaurant. Rude management, and mediocre food at best.

CandTCatering, Manager at Scarpaccio Ristorante Grill & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

We have reached out to try contact this reviewer, however they never made any formal complaint with management at the time of this incident. In which we would assume would be standard practice for someone that is vocal on their comments . however they have since declined to give specifics ( room # , reservation name and date of stay ) for us to confirm their stay at the Hotel .Leaving us to believe that this may have been a guest that was not even here or was previously banned from the Restaurant, due to previous behaviour and activities and damage they may have caused to the room, and a refusal of was issued by management upon realization of the reservation in the hotel system but some how slipped through the system and checked into the hotel without managements knowledge.