“Delicious”

147 Italian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
147 Italian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 570 Restaurants in Barrie
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

We had dinner here and everything was delicious! I had the caprese salad and then the veal. Friends had the steak and salmon. The bread sticks were really good. Portions were generous. Servers were friendly. Would recommend as a special night out.

1  Thank Heather R

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Recently tried 147 downtown Barrie to celebrate an anniversary. We didn't make a reservation however we were lucky to be seated right away by the front windo so we were able to people watch.
The ambiance is lovely and the service was fabulous. My husband had the chicken parmigiana and he said it was cooked perfectly and delicious. I had tried the daily special, a stuffed chicken, and absolutely loved it.
We will definitely visit this restaurant again, however we'll make reservations next time so we can get a seat near the back with a water view!

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We made an online reservation , and glad that we did ! The place was packed ! We were seated immediately , and our waitress was just great . She made a few suggestions re: appetizers, and they were all spot-on . Our food was delivered surprisingly fast , and all three of us really enjoyed our meals ... portions were mire than adequate , and I was the only one that had room for dessert ... In summary, a great evening, and perfect way to celebrate my wife's birthday . Prices were very reasonable too ....We will definitely return to 147 ... Cheers !

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

My partner and I visited on Wednesday evening. So many good things to say about the place. For having no initial background in the restaurant business, I'd say they're doing things right. The owner told us he was/is in the construction business, which is evident from the interior. Everything inside, from the lighting and windows to the bathroom countertops had some serious thought behind it. Absolutely beautiful! The service was outstanding. One thing that was noticeably different about this restaurant is how ALL the servers take care of you - not just one. I've never seen that before. Nothing was missed, and they were so friendly and warm. The food was incredible, and you get a generous portion. We were only two people and we had a bread basket come that was enough for 4 people. (and oh my, I will be back for that parmesan bread alone). We had calamari for an appetizer, which was cooked perfectly and had a very tasty coating on it. I don't even like the stuff personally, but I had a few pieces. And the marinara that came with it was so good. Tasted homemade. My hubby had the veal chop on special, which he said was very good. The chop was huge, was presented nicely with what looked like a pea puree and a squash puree, mashed potatoes and long carrot slices. I had the penne alla vodka - nice smokey flavour in a decadent cream sauce, topped with some kind of micro green (pea sprouts?). I got to enjoy those leftovers the day after and will definitely be back for that pasta. Thank you to the wonderful staff for giving us a great date night and for making us feel so welcome. Keep up the fantastic work!

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Our family gathered at 147 Italian Cuisine to celebrate our daughter's 50th birthday. Staff greeted us with warm smiles and directed us to the rear of the restaurant overlooking the waters of Kempfelt Bay. Service was prompt and dinner arrived all at the same time. The various courses arrived well timed and we did not feel rushed. Drinks were served attentively. Our meal was well prepared, tasty and hot. Afterwards, they presented the birthday cake that we had supplied and even added their own candles. After the usual signing of best birthday wishes, the staff cut and served the cake at our table while taking orders for coffee and tea.
This was my first time at this restaurant but it certainly won't be my last.