“Nice place to stay”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pictou
Caribou River Cottage Lodge
Reviewed 23 July 2017

We wanted to get away for our anniversary and picked this place because it was close to a couple of beaches.
The cottage was nice and clean and there was lots of dishes,kitchen utensils,towels etc..
We were directed to the two nearby beaches,the second was a bit of a drive but was private and beautiful,it was worth the drive.There was a bit of a sand dune to climb over but the white sand and the ocean was stunning.
We sat outside on the deck overlooking the Caribou River and the view was very nice but the mosquito's were bad,be prepared with bug spray or mosquito coils,or both.
The grounds were well groomed and looked after and the hosts were very friendly,as was their dog Coco.
I did find a couple of very minor things with our visit,one was that even though they list a table top BBQ they did not state is that you either need to bring your own propane or buy it from them.
Also,it would have been nice to have two comfy chairs in the cottage as we took turns sitting in the one comfy arm chair,but we didnt really spend a lot of time indoors.
And the matress on the bed was kind of thin and not the most comfortable I have ever slept on,but again this was very minor as we did sleep very good.
All in all we were very pleased with our stay here and we wouldnt hesitate to come back again.

Room Tip: All the cottages had a great view
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights we wanted a peaceful quiet place to get away. The area was quiet however the cottages were not clean to our standards. I'm not a huge clean freak but when I pay to stay somewhere I expect it clean. The cottages were dusty, shower curtain was dirty and it didn't look like the blankets were washed.
I myself wouldn't recommend these cottages.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were unable to book a cottage for the weekend but took the guest unit adjacent to the office. It was more than adequate for us. Very clean. It had a little kitchenette which worked well for our morning coffees out on the little deck. Nice grounds and friendly service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BLW61
Reviewed 29 July 2009

On a busy road trip this was a great oasis from our hectic schedule. I have to agree with a previous review the cottage we stayed in was meticulously cared for on the shore of a peaceful river. The sunset is amazing.

The theme our our cottage was affrica - it had lots of character.

The beds were very comfortable.

It's a bit of a drive, but worth it.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
7  Thank PrairieRoadSideCafe
Reviewed 18 July 2006

We stayed in a good sized , meticulously cared for cottage on the shore of a peaceful river. The cottage had a living room/dining room with a kitchen, two bedrooms, bathroom, plus a deck with a screened in area with chairs and small table. The owners were very nice and knowledgeable about the area. She is an Osteopathic doctor and this site has been used for healing retreats. It's a beautiful eco-friendly compound with cottages and 3 tipi's for camping. It's right on the river, but with no direct access for guests. The owners had a very friendly golden retriver that my daughter fell in love with. The cottage is really nice, near to a lovely beach (Waterside Provincial Park) and a secluded lighthouse (Caribou Island). We saw a great sunset, and were only 5-10 minutes from downtown Pictou. They let us use their hot tub. There is a neglected playground. There is a rec room with books, movies and a ping pong table. My only surprise was being told that the cottage I thought I reserved was actually not. We were offered a $10/night "upgrade" upon check in to a bigger, nicer cottage-what I thought I had reserved in the first place. I would, without hesitation, recommend this place, but I would advise anyone to take a look-see before choosing to upgrade. There are a number of restaurants in Pictou, all within walking distance of each other. We ate at Fougieres- good food, harbor view, very expensive and the Stone House Pizzeria- good food, reasonable prices, cool menu. There is a gift shop in Pictou, Casper's- an extremely nice owner with interesting wares. There is a grocery store at the Rotary, 5 minutes away.

6  Thank cockatiel-dreamer