“Great Chicken Shawarma!”
Review of Mezza

Mezza
Ranked #170 of 750 Restaurants in Halifax
Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

My husband and I went for a late night shawarma and loved this place. We have eaten a lot of chicken shawarma and this was one of the best! Really friendly staff too!

Reviewed 12 August 2016

We were tired and hungry after wandering around Halifax`s downtown for the day, and popped into Mezza`s. This cafeteria style restaurant had lots of customers, but the food was delivered quickly and efficiently. The staff was patient in explaining their different menu items to us. I was very happy with my choice - a salad with chicken and feta cheese!
It was a hot day outside, and also inside - but it just added to the atmosphere!

Reviewed 5 August 2016

The shawarma meat must have been on the spit too long, because mine was dry and leathery and had little taste. Another annoyance was the service. Just as I was about to receive my pita and pay, the phone rang with a call-in order. Instead of putting the caller on short hold and taking my money, the service had me wait while he took a long order, which included two discussions with a co-worker about how long it would take to make. I stood there about five minutes listening to half the conversation and watching my meal cool off. The floor, table, counter, and bathroom could be cleaner.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

First time at Mezza and enjoyed every bite! Recommend the chicken Schwarma wrap, it was fresh and very tasty.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

We visited Mezza for lunch during our recent trip to Halifax. The food was fresh, tasty and the service very good. I had the Shawarma, it was freshly made and served with pickled turnip(excellent) and a delicious garlic sauce. Portion sizes on the combo plates are huge, so make sure you come hungry.