“Great hummus and kebab, lovely owners!”

Lemon Tree Restaurant
Ranked #69 of 750 Restaurants in Halifax
Reviewed 26 June 2017

This place is off the busy Spring Garden Road, and is tiny! The storefront is painted like a Lemon Tree. I had lunch there, and the owners could not have been more pleasant! When I left, she packed my leftover hummus and gave me extra pita to take with me. I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

We ate there tonight, what a wonderful experience, not only the exquisite Turkish food, but the family were so friendly.

We were treated to Turkish hospitality, with complementary dates, olives, a type of shortcake, wonderful lemonade and tea.

Then ended the evening chatting to the owners.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

This cozy little restaurant is perfect if you want a tasty, filling, healthy meal for a good price. The staff and owners are excellent. There was a mixup with my bill and when I went back the next day to sort it out the staff and owner were gracious and accommodating. Happy to support this small business.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

My husband and I were staying overnight in downtown Halifax and decided to eat away from the Hotel. After a quick check of Tripadvisor we found excellent recommendations for the Lemon Tree Turkish Restaurant. Despite the cold rain and uphill trek from our Hotel, it was well worth the effort. The food was delicious, the staff friendly and the decor warm and inviting. I had the lamb stew and my husband had the moussaka. My lamp was perfectly cooked and melted in the mouth. His moussaka was delicately spiced and creamy. Our carrot salad was especially tasty.

Reviewed 18 May 2017

I just had lunch with my husband at this quaint little spot and it left me feeling very special. The people were all extremely cheerful and they made you feel at home. The food was great too - the salad was fresh and tangy, and the chicken nicely spiced. I was skeptical about the atmosphere when I looked at the photos beforehand, but was pleasantly surprised. It is a bright and cheerful little spot with a big window and fresh, white linens changed with every customer. The door was ajar, letting in a nice ocean breeze. I especially appreciated that, despite being small, they were careful not to invade the customer space with phone alerts, door chimes, or any of that nuisance...just chatter and laughter...We will go back!