“Hungry vegan discovers a pot of gold on Agricola Street!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mid-East Food Centre
Ranked #293 of 750 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 26 August 2014

If you’re missing Mom’s cooking, and want some home cooked comfort food, DO NOT OVERLOOK Halifax’s MidEast Food Centre on Agricola Street. I was having one of those after work moments where I didn’t feel like cooking, and I was starving, which creates a dilemma for me. I’m on a strict vegan diet. Finding delicious dishes that are animal free is tough! I have been shopping for groceries at MidEast Food Centre since moving into the community. I was aware of the little deli at the back, but never really had a sit-down meal here. Last night I ventured in with a friend and asked the deli chef if there were any dishes without animal….and she presented sooooo many options! I chose the $10/4 item plate and filled it with spinach, beans, lentils, rice, chickpea, grape leaves, okra and on and on. They know how to present the goodness of tomatoes and spices. Yum! Be not mislead carnies and omnies, as there are plenty of dishes offered with meat as well. You even get served on real plates, and stainless cutlery. I’m so happy to know this little deli is so close by. Don’t be late, or you won’t get a plate!!