“A favorite!”

Baba Ghanouj Cafe
Ranked #130 of 751 Restaurants in Halifax
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed 3 February 2017

We (unfortunately..but fortunately) live a few doors down and Roy (the owner) has easily become one of the best neighbors we've had.
We love going to his restaurant or breakfast, lunch, dinner, and now even late-night snacks (open later.. woo!).

The hummus, the falafel, the zaatar, the fattoush salad, THE LENTIL SOUP, just everything really.

Do yourself a favor and go check it out - you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Justeen M

Reviewed 29 January 2017

Ever walk into a restaurant, take a look at the menu and are super excited, as the food sounds great and there are plenty of good and different options on the menu? Well this is how we felt when we visited this cafe. Unfortunately the falafel was not up to our expectations - and I was very surprised when I was told this was the best falafel in Halifax (personally the falafel we had at Ardmores cafe on Quinpool was much better). We've both travelled throughout the middle east, and being a vegetarian I've eaten a lot of falafel in these countries (Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Israel and Iran - Iranian falafel being my fave)... the falafel we got in this cafe was nothing like what we had in these countries. It was very oily, it didn't come in ball... it was actually like (looked and tasted like) the scrapping of the leftovers on the grill. It was like small bits of greasy falafel in a wrap with a bit of salad. Maybe it was because it was later in the day and they were clearing up to close, maybe the cook just didn't like the looks of us or was in a bad mood, or maybe it always tastes like that, but either way, it was disgusting. Out of curiosity, I asked the waitress what type of falafel that was, as I've never had it like that before (I've always had it as a ball, sometimes fried, sometimes baked, but not as crumbs) and she seemed to get very defensive over my question - I really didn't think it was a rude question (I didn't complain or make a fuss, I was just curious). I left feeling really disappointed, so thought I would share my experience on here.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

The Big Man Breakfast was delicious and well priced. The staff were extremely friendly and professional. A+++ Service!

Reviewed 20 October 2016

Great kitchen and kind people! One of my fav in Halifax! Looks like nothing, but you'l have ther the BEST cheeseburger in town! And try one of their breakfast (served all day) The eggs are amazing et fabulously seasoned! And really cheap!!

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

I wasn't expecting a Lavant speciality cafe, when I took that turn on Berrington Street.
I must say, the best Falafel sandwich we had in years!
Coming from Dubai, where we have to take a long drive to get some decent Lebanese Street Food, Baba Ghanouj Cafe was a very pleasant surprise.
We kept coming to try and savour all what's on the menu.