All reviews shared bathroom home away from home twin beds small balcony place to stay b b's spent three nights enjoyed our stay joan stories downtown cereal harbour
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We stayed at Joans B&B for one night. What a great hostess she is. She was welcoming to us, made sure we were comfortable and even did some laundry for us. The house is her original homestead and has been in her family for years. We truly enjoyed chatting with her and hearing her stories. The accomodations were quite satisfactory and we even had a small balcony off our room which we enjoyed after a dinner outing. The breakfast she served was very good and fulsome with fruit, fresh muffins, bacon and eggs, juice, tea and coffee, cereal, jams and preserves and toast. We did not leave hungry. We would most certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We were made to feel right at home from the moment Joan met us at the front door. Clean and well-appointed rooms, a great shower, and fabulous breakfasts during our 2-night stay. Very quiet, green neighbourhood, and off-street parking. The distance to the downtown would be too far for us to walk, but getting there by car was easy. A perfect alternative to the quite expensive hotels in Halifax!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank chinamartha
Reviewed 27 June 2017

We spent 2 nights in Joan's lovely home and could've stayed forever! We had such fun chatting with Joan over many cups of tea. Her B&B is in a lovely Halifax neighborhood walking distance to the waterfront (and there are also buses one can take). The room was lovely and had everything we needed. The shared bath worked out just fine. Breakfast filled us up beautifully for the day's adventures. Joan has a beautiful and peaceful garden out back to enjoy. It's also a delight to the eyes to see Joan's artistic talents all around. Joan is indeed a gem!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2017

A delightful visit with a delightful lady! Enjoyed some wonderful chats, especially if you love the arts, as I do!
Breakfast started with a huge bowl of fresh mixed fruit and yogurt and lots of hot delicious coffee.
Joan is a wonderful host and we will definitely visit again!

Room Tip: quiet, comfortable and wonderful host, great breakfast
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthonysherry
Reviewed 16 October 2016

Such a find. Really can't fault the Marigold. Enhanced my first-ever visit to Nova Scotia (from London, UK) so much. A lovely house in an atomospheric, quiet, leafy street walking distance from the town centre, it's steeped in family memories and alive with Joan's lovely paintings.

I felt at home the moment Joan greeted me on the doorstep with an offer of tea. I loved my room, with its balcony. Slept like a log between cool sheets.

The place is spotless, with lots of thick towels, and fragrant toiletries in the shower-room. I loved meeting the other guests, nearly all of them Canadian, over delicious breakfasts.

Joan was full of advice and helpful hints.

My next visit to Canada will be to Quebec, but I'd love to make a stopover at the Marigold.

Room Tip: liked the one with the balcony
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family