All reviews courtyard marriott valet parking rooftop terrace zen garden typical courtyard great location brewery market within walking distance keith's brewery starbucks coffee top floor halifax downtown front desk staff maritime museum harbour view staying at this hotel view of the water
Reviewed 5 June 2018

We had a good stay at the Courtyard Marriott.
Very central, clean room, super friendly staff with an average view.
The valet parking was convenient.

We were allowed to check in very early and you got to love that.

The only negative I can think of was the pricey below average breakfast we had (once).

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
GuestServices5120, Manager at Courtyard Halifax Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Hi bcgraph!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

The location of this hotel is stellar. It is easy walking distance to historic sites, the Maritime Museum, waterfront, pubs and restaurants.

The staff is very friendly and the product delivered in all capacity meets or exceeds Marriott standards. The rooms are spacious and cleaned by detail oriented staff. Perfect in every way.

This is a very well managed property and one that Marriott can be proud of.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
GuestServices5120, Manager at Courtyard Halifax Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Hi Don W!

Reviewed 25 May 2018

Fabulous location, within walking distance of everything downtown. Great water view, extremely comfortable, spacious and quiet rooms with a very attentive staff. And the 2 restaurants within the hotel are highly rated.

Room Tip: Higher floors, away from the street (which is quiet anyway)
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
GuestServices5120, Manager at Courtyard Halifax Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Reviewed 4 May 2018

Hotel has a great downtown location. Close to many restaurants and shops. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I asked for glasses to be brought up to my room and they arrived within 5 minutes. Valet parking was $25/day which is very cheap for the area. My car was always waiting for me when I arrived in the lobby after my phone call.

Rooms were a good size. Very clean. Nice decor. Bathroom was clean but was a bit dated and basic. Nice rooftop patio on the top floor (was still closed for winter during my stay). My room had a great view of the harbour and a nice balcony.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
GuestServices5120, Manager at Courtyard Halifax Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Hi Laura M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

The room was a nice size, and the bathroom was spacious. The restaurant in the lobby had a nice breakfast. The best thing about the hotel was the bed. It was the most comfortable I’ve ever slept in. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
GuestServices5120, Manager at Courtyard Halifax Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Hi TMyers26!