“Try it.”
Review of King of Donair

King of Donair
Ranked #216 of 750 Restaurants in Halifax
Reviewed 4 January 2017

This is a Halifax landmark . I used to be a bit sceptical about donair meat but it is always so tasty and a unique flavour.

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

I have always loved this place and especially the donair's. Always seem to get good food and service until today. I called in the store at Clayton Park in Halifax location and was ordering a donair for a pick up. When I eat donairs I always order an extra pitta with it. I know it is wearied but that how what I like it. And of course today I ordered the same thing and the person I was talking on the phone told me I couldn't have an extra pitta. So I said that I would pay for the extra pitta and he still told me no. I was trying to explain to him that is what I get all the time and once agin I had offer to pay extra and was still told NO. When I asked him why that was he told me that they don't do this anymore. I was shocked. I had no choice but to tell him that I was taking my businesses somewhere else and he didn't seem to care. Very disappointed with the service and will not be going back;(

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

Stopped in after work tried the donair. Asked for the works with sauce on the side. Got home to discover only meat not 'works' and it was incredible salty meat. Super nice staff but i'll be going elsewhere for my donair needs.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

When we lived in Halifax twenty years ago we ate at this restaurant all the time. Can't get anything like it anywhere else, so we had to go back when we had the chance. You may have ate a donair from somewhere else, but this place is the original.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

What's a donair without the special sauce? Sadly I brought visiting family here for a famous KOD donair. It wasn't until we were almost finished that we realized done of our donairs had sauce! One person had never had one before so she didn't know what she was missing. When we went up to tell them the staff ladled a tiny drizzle on the tail end of our donairs without so much as an apology. Customer service really makes a difference and that experience will make me think twice before going again. Too bad because their donairs really are good - when they have sauce!