“Roam VaCa”

King Town Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #195 of 814 Restaurants in Halifax
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

This is a small traditional Chinese restaurant. The place is very clean and great fast service. I am visiting from Texas and felt the egg roll was more like a thick bean burrito, I didn't like it. However, I really liked the Spicy chicken lunch special and loved the fried rice.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

This used to be my go to place for Chinese food but lately the food quality is going downhill.
My family used to love the Cantonese chow mein. It used to have an abundance of vegetables which included: celery, carrot, broccoli, water chestnuts, baby corn. Now it's just carrot, broccoli and some sort of Chinese lettuce. I cannot stand when your favourite places change recipes to cut costs.
Back to trying to find a good Chinese place again.

Reviewed 16 May 2017

We, a party of 8, including 2 children, went here on mothers day. The food was good and pletiful, service also good. My complaint is I do not eat fried rice and asked for steamed to be told no substitute. Rice is rice and steamed would be cheaper than chicken fried, no do they serve any milk for children, even though it states clearly that it is a good place for children. Also my almond soo guy had no almonds and the meat egg rolls were gummy. Even with this the food is good.

Reviewed 10 April 2017

Even though this restaurant is 40 minutes from our home this is where we go and pick up our New Years Eve Chinese food every year and I have been there for lunch once. The food is good but the servings are the biggest Chinese food servings I have seen anywhere. Good prices, good food and lots of it, not much more to say.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

We go here once a month great food friendly staff we often get combo plate and wonton soup but tried lunch specials too great spot