1,055 results
All reviews niche restaurant great location cabin coffee within walking distance underground parking front desk staff comfortable beds spring garden road king room maritime museum nice room harbour front few blocks mini fridge farmers market coffee maker downtown area
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Close to many delicious restaurants/cuisine: The Apothecary, Bird’s Nest, Two Doors Down, Henry House, Durty Nelly’s, the Beaver Tail.

Awesome proximity to everything!!

Morning tea water could be hotter.

Friendly staff.

Other guests seemed to be having fun. Many were returned guests.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 June 2018

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights all together, three at the start of a tour and one at the end of the tour. I found this hotel to be very clean and very welcoming. When I arrived for the first time the staff who checked me in were absolutely warm and made me feel at home - they are more than happy to answer questions and give you tips of what to see.

The room I had was lovely - very clean, an amazing bed (so comfy!) and something I have come to really appreciate - lots and lots of charging stations! One on each side of the bed as well as regular power points.

I had breakfast one morning in Niche (which part of, but in a mall outside of the hotel - but accessed from Level 2) - it was really good and my waitress was lovely. I also ordered room service and they adapted my order to suit as I am a vegetarian. That would be my main suggestion - to have a better and more varied set of options for vegetarians!

I highly recommend this hotel - it's in a great spot, comfy, clean and friendly!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

This is a good hotel. Close to the downtown area. Few cons: 1. My hotel cards got easily off-function. I had to go to the front desk to active it few times per day,which never happened with other hotels. 2. Few lights went off in the room and washroom. I felt not very good. 3. The pool water is very salted, also not the same as other hotel pools. Pros: very good WiFi system. Close to other business places. As I wrote, this is a ok hotel. I may try others next time if I could.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
DavePower902, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

xiaoyu c thank you for taking time to review our property.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the fast and free WiFi. The cards we will most certainly look into. No reason these should deactivate as easily as you suggest.

We do hope you continue to use Four Points on your future travels.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

We stayed here prior to flying home. We had a large room with comfy beds and a good bathroom. So far, so good with the essentials being more than adequate. But what about the food? There is something called the Niche Lounge: this is a bar that serves food as an accessory to the alcohol. The food is fast food which is not particularly high quality or fast. We would eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
DavePower902, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Derek P thanks for taking time to review our property. We apprecaite all feedback.

As you know we do not run or own Niche, however they do work closely with the hotel. I have passed along your comments to Niche for follow up.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

The location of this hotel is the main attraction as it is within walking distance of the Halifax waterfront. The hotel itself is approx. 18 yrs old and has a very welcoming lobby with two computers for public use; there is a small pantry in the lobby where one can purchase snacks, etc. There is free coffee/tea in the lobby.
Check in was efficient but a bit testy with the female clerk as she refused adamently to honour the free breakfast that showed as included in THEIR WEBSITE - but she finally relented after pressure from her co-worker who gave us free breakfast for one morning ( which is in another part of the complex ). The room was clean and spacious with a large screen TV and a very comfortable bed. We had a small problem with the in-room fridge but CLIFF fixed that within minutes of the call to the front desk. The bathroom, although very clean, is starting to show its age with some peeling paint and a long time before getting hot water.
Parking is $22.00 per day and the parking lot is extremely tight with sharp corners and very little room to maneuver a medium or large size vehicle.
The hotel is a bit on the expensive side and, for that reason, it should include breakfast ( as per their website at the time of making the reservation ).
The main benefit of this hotel is its close location to the Halifax waterfront: otherwise, an average hotel for an expensive price.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
DavePower902, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Halifax, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

redrider53 thank you for sharing this feedback. We pride ourselves on delivering a memorable experience. It appears in this case we have fallen short. I will take this and use as a tool for the team to ensure we meet and exceed all guest experiences.